has the garden of eden been found

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2016, 12:41 AM
has the garden of eden been found
Not like a real place as where Adam eve lived per say but a place people called "garden of eden"? Does that make sense? I hope so and if anyone has any links or point me in the right direction. Please and thank you. Smile
Eta: example I watched a documentary on a place that was an anceint trading post that is now under water. Although don't know if they have verified it was a real.place
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2016, 01:13 AM
RE: has the garden of eden been found
Imagined places are rather hard to find I would say.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
13-10-2016, 01:31 AM
Not quite what I meant.
What I mean is that was there place that could have been considered the "garden of eden" from other peoples perspective and it was described as "the garden of eden" and as all stories go it got embellished. So I was wondering if there has been place that has been found that could be considered a place that people could have preceived as "the garden of eden".
13-10-2016, 03:35 AM
I thought I found the "Death Star" once, but it was just the moon.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
13-10-2016, 05:08 AM
This video claims that the entire Eden myth was a metaphorical reference to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon as the Garden of Eden, Nebuchadnezzar in the role of god and the Jews in the role of Adam.

Some of the Jews may have tilled the garden of Nebuchadnezzar and they made up an entire myth based around this.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
13-10-2016, 05:35 AM
It's in Narnia -- just west of Hogwarts..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-10-2016, 06:17 AM
The Garden of Eden could very well have been the Fertile Crescent.

[Image: 1280px-Fertile_Crescent_map.png]

After Homo sapien left Africa after prolonged droughts some of our ancestors reached this area. The rest, as the say, is history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fertile_Crescent

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
13-10-2016, 06:41 AM
Sorry, I own it and it's private. I frolic there daily.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
13-10-2016, 07:39 AM
(13-10-2016 06:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  Sorry, I own it and it's private. I frolic there daily.

Do you have any apple trees there? Wink
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
13-10-2016, 07:50 AM
Thinking back I want to say I recall asking this question when I was real young. If I remember right, I was told that we will never find the garden because if we did god would kill whoever found it. since Michel guarded it with his flaming sword. And since god didn't want to kill us he moved it to a location that it would do no harm.

This seems to be a reacquiring them in most beliefs. Always out of reach.

And the forbidden fruit wasn't an apple. Artists of the time when churches were the only one's hirering painters needed something to put in. Apples were common enough so it stuck.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin