has the garden of eden been found

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2016, 08:28 AM
RE: has the garden of eden been found
I should invent some kind of time travelers religion in which it's believed that time travelers from the future went back in time and altered all the stuff in other religions, erasing any evidence of their existence.

Pictures showing them chopping down the tree of knowledge before any fruit was picked.
Nuking the whole garden afterwards just in case.

"Yes, little Johnny, that's why there is no evidence of a garden of Eden, because time travelers from the future destroyed it."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2016, 08:30 AM
It's right next to OZ. And Oz has talking apple trees. So there! Sleepy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
13-10-2016, 11:12 AM
(13-10-2016 07:50 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Thinking back I want to say I recall asking this question when I was real young. If I remember right, I was told that we will never find the garden because if we did god would kill whoever found it. since Michel guarded it with his flaming sword. And since god didn't want to kill us he moved it to a location that it would do no harm.

This seems to be a reacquiring them in most beliefs. Always out of reach.

And the forbidden fruit wasn't an apple. Artists of the time when churches were the only one's hirering painters needed something to put in. Apples were common enough so it stuck.

I was told (and places like AiG say it too) that we don't know where the Garden of Eden is because it got destroyed in the Flood.
13-10-2016, 11:36 AM
(13-10-2016 11:12 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 07:50 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Thinking back I want to say I recall asking this question when I was real young. If I remember right, I was told that we will never find the garden because if we did god would kill whoever found it. since Michel guarded it with his flaming sword. And since god didn't want to kill us he moved it to a location that it would do no harm.

This seems to be a reacquiring them in most beliefs. Always out of reach.

And the forbidden fruit wasn't an apple. Artists of the time when churches were the only one's hirering painters needed something to put in. Apples were common enough so it stuck.

I was told (and places like AiG say it too) that we don't know where the Garden of Eden is because it got destroyed in the Flood.

Nothing like one myth to refute another. Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
13-10-2016, 11:45 AM
(13-10-2016 11:36 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 11:12 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I was told (and places like AiG say it too) that we don't know where the Garden of Eden is because it got destroyed in the Flood.

Nothing like one myth to refute another. Facepalm

Of course, the circular logic is strong with these people.
13-10-2016, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2016 12:07 PM by Deltabravo.)
(13-10-2016 06:17 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  The Garden of Eden could very well have been the Fertile Crescent.

[Image: 1280px-Fertile_Crescent_map.png]

After Homo sapien left Africa after prolonged droughts some of our ancestors reached this area. The rest, as the say, is history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fertile_Crescent

I tend to agree with this. This area, where I happen to live, was once much more lush and green. There are signs that Syria was sheep farming country. I have also read, somewhere, that Babylon was once on the sea but that the Tigris and Euphrates silted up at an incredibly fast rate, leaving it stranded in the middle of a desert.

If you look at a map you can see how this whole area was central to Old World travel and commerce. This river system links Asia with the Near East and it is a very short distance overland to the Mediterranean. From there you can get to the Atlantic and also into central and northern Europe via the Black Sea and the Danube.

When proto-Europeans lived in this area it was, I think, probably a very nice place to live with ample water supplies, not such hot weather due to a larger glacial coverage in the Northern Hemisphere and good commercial routes by sea and overland. The area dried up and people moved away. Now they joke about it... god created Hell but he was disappointed so he created Mesopotamia. That sort of thing. I expect the decline of the area was attributed to human activity which was punished by god, sort of like an ancient version of global warming, blaming human activity for climate change; man's acquisition of "knowlege" being responsible for being kicked out of paradise and paradise being turned into a hellhole. A bit like the myth of Prometheus.

By the way, Eden means "Good From" in Turkish. Good is "Iyi" (pronounced "eee") and "den" means "from". Also "bu" means "this" and "ra" means "place". So, if you put them together you get "EEdenbura" or "good from this place" which is a lot like "Edinburgh".
13-10-2016, 12:04 PM
I've read a few times that it's located in Ethiopia, you can google "Garden of Eden and Ethiopia" to find some examples of how certain words and descriptions from both the Holy Bible and Jewish texts describe it and some scholars think it's Northern Africa/Ethiopia.

I would seriously doubt anyone can find it and it's not a real place that actually ever existed. I mean maybe it was based on a real place but if anyone tries to tell you they found it just point out that when God expelled Adam and Eve he expelled all of human kind and it's like in another dimension we can't get to, so yeah, we can't see it ever and it probably was never meant to be a real place.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
13-10-2016, 12:26 PM

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
13-10-2016, 12:54 PM
(13-10-2016 12:41 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Not like a real place as where Adam eve lived per say but a place people called "garden of eden"? Does that make sense? I hope so and if anyone has any links or point me in the right direction. Please and thank you. Smile
Eta: example I watched a documentary on a place that was an anceint trading post that is now under water. Although don't know if they have verified it was a real.place

Not that I know of but this gives me an Idea. You could claim that you have found it and run an ad in the back of magazines for Garden of Eden tours. For only $2,499.00 you can see where it all happened. Just think how much money you could bilk from gullible people if you were dishonest.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
13-10-2016, 01:09 PM
yup i once found Fenris then i realized it was just my front yard after a blizzard too bad i wanted to meet Ragnar black mane and find out what a Kraken tastes like

for those who don't understand WTF i'm saying

Ragnar

Fenris

[Image: giphy.gif]