hating rap and loving metal.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2014, 03:25 AM
RE: hating rap and loving metal.
I like rhyming and melody in my music, which is why I like 311 but can't stand Limp Bizkit (because they don't have good melodic structure), and I enjoy Filter over most other metal or industrial music.

But I still have a soft spot for Iron Maiden and the much lesser known King's X, who's frontman Doug Pinnick plays a left-handed 12 string Bass... Blink

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2014, 04:20 AM
Logic has nothing to do with stereotypes, in music literature or any field.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2014, 04:03 PM
hating rap and loving metal.
I hope you only mean mainstream rap because if you mean all of rap then you are fucking ignorant
20-03-2014, 04:17 PM
(20-03-2014 04:03 PM)Allah Wrote:  I hope you only mean mainstream rap because if you mean all of rap then you are fucking ignorant

I don't like any rap period. Not all of it is stupid in message, especially 80's and 90's rap, but I just don't like it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
20-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Rap is not music. Music by definition has pitch/melody, (typically harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture.

Rap is unique, whatever it is.
(and I fucking hate it)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-03-2014, 03:18 AM
(20-03-2014 04:03 PM)Allah Wrote:  I hope you only mean mainstream rap because if you mean all of rap then you are fucking ignorant
Gasp
Calling some one ignorant because they have expressed a dislike of something you like is supremely arrogant. Taste in music is subjective, I like metal, classical music, some types of country and folk, rock, opera and many others.

I however do hate rap music as it grates on my nerves and just cant for the life of me get it.

I do not like most types of pumpkin, my sister loves pumpkin, does that make me ignorant because we do not agree on the taste of pumpkin?
Drinking Beverage

Anyway...TPF....rock on!Thumbsup

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
21-03-2014, 10:31 AM
I think my main beef with rap and hip-hop is that its marketed as music... As someone else said, music is a combination of rhythm, melody, pitch, harmony, etc.

Reciting a poem to a drum beat is not music... Its beat poetry.

As a form of poetry I'm more accepting of it, but I still don't like the way it sounds...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
21-03-2014, 11:17 AM
(14-03-2014 04:22 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 04:14 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Except, the names you mention are not even close to being representative of rap music.

And I don't know how one can hate rap as music. Unless it's the vocals you're not fond of. Rap can actually have many kinds of music into it.

To be fair I was only naming them to name them. Not all rappers are stupid but the only one I can listen to and like is Eminem. But in reality I don't like the vocals.

yes. Eminem is the only one i can listen to.

So far:
metal: meh
non-eminem rap: fuck you get that out of here

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....