have UI beaten the generational curce somehow

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2012, 01:06 AM
have UI beaten the generational curce somehow
this past three days I have had lots of family over my house/ there was lots of kids around and sometimes I would hear a parent complain that there kids had it so easy compared to their chi;d hood but some how their was so bad that some how it was better.{wonder how that works out.} but when I was a kid the thing that stuck to me like glue was how my child hood was so much better than theirs and somehow the same argument gets made generation after generation. your child hood was so bad but it was better compared to your kids. I even remember living with someone who believed everything should have never changed since teh seventies. now as a twenty seven year old you'd i'd fill the same way butttt.... with my hole perspective yes the kids have it better.... soooo.. kids are dumb and that's why they are happy. they don'6t now iany better. you always look on your child hood with rose tented glasses but somehow no one counts their blessings and seen for every advantage your kid has that you didn't you have many others that they don't as an adult. it seems so.

p.s. just look ask you'r parents how bad they had it and have them ask theirs. it seems like an infinite chain to me.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2012, 01:51 AM
RE: have UI beaten the generational curce somehow
(31-08-2012 01:06 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  ... butttt.... with my hole...

Dude, again I ask you to use a spell checker. You tempt me too much!

I hope you mean "but" "whole".

Nice thought though... Good post.

Be prepared for Monty Python "Luxury" clips that will almost inevitably follow.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-08-2012, 02:07 AM
lol yeah.. I am half awake... and probably the worst hyper ever... though I can't go to sleep. I am using google chrome and it is not very easy to check things when they are spelled correctly but used wrong... or maybe I just mistakenly added it. who knows.. thanks for teh complement though.

31-08-2012, 02:16 AM
last post until someone else says something butttt.... you'll find my theory{a.k.a my ideas} are good but my execution is not so good... i need to work on my delivery.

31-08-2012, 03:26 AM
Yup. That's about right.
It is an interesting observation on humanity.
But don't mind me I've just necked 2 bottles of bubbly!!!

31-08-2012, 06:30 AM
I don't think it's entirely untrue. Every generation has it better than the last. I'm glad I didn't live in the 70's, and my parents are probably glad they didn't live in the 50's. We are moving towards a better standard of living in general, and at least in my case, I make more money than my parents, and they make more money than their parents did.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but in most middle class families, wouldn't that be the norm? Wouldn't you expect that most kids have a better life than their parents did?

Am I missing the point? It's hard to make sense of your post, but I tried.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
31-08-2012, 08:38 AM
I just notice that the parents seem to be complacent... like that's going to do anything. lol.they may be joking but there is a larger lesson to learn and not very many people usually do that kind of investment. the lesson is perspective is the one thing that divides most people. well that and ignorance but that's another lesson.also by noting what you parents have gone through you can avoid making certain mistake. the one mistake i think people make in this case is that they are teaching there kids to be complacent by example. but I will rest on this a bit.

p.s. sorry best I can do till i think some more.
p.s.s. I like to learn from the patterns history and by noting what my parents told me and what my cousins tell they're kids I can learn from such things.

31-08-2012, 08:44 AM
From the post title, I was expecting something about User Interfaces and new generations of computers.Consider

I assume English is not your primary language. You can add English to your spell-checker in the browser.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2012, 09:11 AM
the bad thing is English is my primary language... lets just say the spelling wasn't my best subject....

31-08-2012, 09:16 AM
(31-08-2012 09:11 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  the bad thing is English is my primary language... lets just say the spelling wasn't my best subject....

I suggest that you work on the presentation a bit, like breaking things into paragraphs and adding a space between sentences. What you are presenting is more work to decipher than it need be.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user