heard a new one today that I haven't heard before

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 08:24 PM
heard a new one today that I haven't heard before
painting the ceiling of your porch skyblue will keep the demons away because it fools them into thinking its daylight.

a neighbor told me, them I realized the other neighbors porch is painted that way, and apparently there are many in the neighborhood like that.

i googled it and found it on the Sherwin Williams website too.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: heard a new one today that I haven't heard before
(10-10-2014 08:24 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  painting the ceiling of your porch skyblue will keep the demons away because it fools them into thinking its daylight.

a neighbor told me, them I realized the other neighbors porch is painted that way, and apparently there are many in the neighborhood like that.

Let me say this about that:

Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
10-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Halloween is just around the corner Unsure

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-10-2014, 08:30 PM
stolen from somewhere on google

Living in South Carolina, it was not at all uncommon to have a painted blue porch ceiling (unless you had a non custom new construction home). One of the most common credits of the blue ceiling is after all credited to South Carolina’s belief in ghosts, otherwise known as haints. Porches were painted blue in order to confuse the ghosts into believing the ceiling was a river or body of water, which they could not cross. If the haint believed the ceiling to be water, then it could not enter your home. This is the reason that exterior blue porches are often painted the color “haint blue”.

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
10-10-2014, 08:33 PM
(10-10-2014 08:24 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  painting the ceiling of your porch skyblue will keep the demons away because it fools them into thinking its daylight.

I've heard this before. It is a traditional porch ceiling color. A lot of those old traditions are steeped in superstition. I think it's kind of cool, actually.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Unsure I'm gunna go build a pillow fort. Call me when the crazy is gone...

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post
10-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Hmmm. Most of the porches I've seen are painted haint blue, too.....

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
10-10-2014, 08:38 PM
its going to be one of those things that I never noticed before but now will always see.

My next door neighbors is blue, when we first moved in, I thought it was odd/different but it was pretty. I figured it was just some latest style thing. But tonight another neighbor mentioned it and said there are a lot in the hood. Now I will be looking for them, lol.

10-10-2014, 08:49 PM
(10-10-2014 08:30 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  stolen from somewhere on google

Living in South Carolina, it was not at all uncommon to have a painted blue porch ceiling (unless you had a non custom new construction home). One of the most common credits of the blue ceiling is after all credited to South Carolina’s belief in ghosts, otherwise known as haints. Porches were painted blue in order to confuse the ghosts into believing the ceiling was a river or body of water, which they could not cross. If the haint believed the ceiling to be water, then it could not enter your home. This is the reason that exterior blue porches are often painted the color “haint blue”.

Yeesh - didn't I warn you about SC? No

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-10-2014, 09:14 PM
(10-10-2014 08:27 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  

Let me say this about that:

Facepalm
\
yeah, I pretty much feel the same way. Like..WTF?! Shocking

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ