heavens is nlt perfect{it would have one flaw in itself}

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 06:25 PM
heavens is nlt perfect{it would have one flaw in itself}
i remember a time when I had three t.v. channels and a the third time I got netflix. comparing the two lead me to realize something about human nature. you see the third time I got netflix was when they started streaming and boy was I stuck on what to watch. the reason was I had just opened my options about ten million fold of shows and movies. i remember at that point thinking back to when I had limited channels to the point that I watched shows and enjoyed them on a set schedule when i couldn't watch anything but pax.

so here is what i think would happen to a poor soul that entered heaven. they would have a brain tummer because of the infinite possibility of what they could do. that or be paralyzed by the infinite possibilities. two this day I have to narrow down what kind of thing I would like to watch or wind up searching endlessly and giving up. lol. isn't that the natiue of a human though. give them to much possibility and you ay end up stunting their ability to do anything.. what do you guys think.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2014, 06:36 PM
RE: heavens is nlt perfect{it would have one flaw in itself}
What does 'nlt' mean? Consider

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
14-03-2014, 06:47 PM
(14-03-2014 06:25 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  so here is what i think would happen to a poor soul that entered heaven. they would have a brain tummer because of the infinite possibility of what they could do. that or be paralyzed by the infinite possibilities.

Would they have infinite possibilities? I was always told there would be no suffering in heaven. Think of all the stuff you can do or have done to you on earth that causes suffering. You'd have to eliminate all that crap. If anything, it seems like you'd be exceptionally limited in heaven. In fact, depending on the apologetics one is using to solve the problem of evil, you might not even have free will in heaven. It'd be like you entering heaven would be setting off the first marble in an infinitely long Rube Goldberg, or something.

(14-03-2014 06:36 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  What does 'nlt' mean? Consider

I think it's supposed to say "Heaven isn't perfect".
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
14-03-2014, 06:48 PM
sorry hit the wrong key,,, it mans------>not

14-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Eh, I don't really think this would be a problem. You might have infinite possibilities, but that doesn't mean everything would be appealing to you. And there would probably be things that just easily take priority over the others.

Unless heaven removed your personal preferences, which doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.
14-03-2014, 06:55 PM
(14-03-2014 06:50 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Unless heaven removed your personal preferences, which doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Everyone's personal preference is to praise Jesus, 24/7.

Or, rather, 24/7/52/∞

Yay!

[Image: skeptical-sm_zps59fc1324.png]
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
14-03-2014, 06:56 PM
(14-03-2014 06:55 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 06:50 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Unless heaven removed your personal preferences, which doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Everyone's personal preference is to praise Jesus, 24/7.

Or, rather, 24/7/52/∞

Yay!

[Image: skeptical-sm_zps59fc1324.png]

this is what heaven is described as but not thought of as by Christians.

14-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Studies have shown that when facing options, humans need to feel satisfied in their decisions. When presented with a vast number of options, people tend to overthink their foregone choices ("would I be happier had I chosen X?" "Perhaps I should have picked Y.")
When dealing with only a couple of selections, the feeling of satisfaction occurs more easily.

If one truly had an infinite number of choices, they'd probably never feel satisfied with any decision.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
14-03-2014, 07:11 PM
I always struggled with the idea of heaven. Even as a believer. At one point in my childhood I was put on antidepressants and I hated it! I cannot imagine a place where no one ever feels pain. Pain helps mold is into who we are. If no one ever felt pain people would be super boring. Also I don't feel comfortable with the thought of having people I love be erased from my memory if they go to hell, nor am I comfortable with the thought of remembering those people and not feeling sad that they went to hell. Heaven doesn't seem like fun to me, but I don't think I could get in anyways.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
14-03-2014, 07:14 PM
To me heaven would be no different then sending me back to the 1830's. I would be a slave for ever, only this time I must always smile and if I don't I roast forever.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post