hello all!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 09:41 PM
hello all!
new poster here! so ive been in quite a situation here. i have a 5 yr old daughter whom ive been raising to question everything and question she does! she is awesome and wants to know so much i sometimes have to go on a research quests with her. ya know about birds and why are their feathers like that, how do they fly, how can they break through things humans cant.....anyways. the problem lies in my episcopalian bf. its not christian oor catholic......so he says. they have weird things like palm sunday which when inquired about there is no explaination. like i genuinely want to know. maybe theyre palm trees???? idfk so anyways were serious and more children is something i want. then comes the question of baptism...and then is he gonna steal my children away while in working n take them to church?? i dont believe in indoctrining children into religions before they can decide what they believe. i have many friends on facebook who get baptised at later age because they feel they want to. i would support my children if thats their choice....the same as any marriage or whatever. thoughts?
oh just to ad hes pretty set on baptism and wants to teach the ways of his religion. is it lost?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: hello all!
welcome to tta were glad to have you here it seems like you have quite the dilemma about what to do about your bf and his religion and i hope youre able to use this place to help you think through what you think is the best way to deal with the situation and again welcome Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-04-2013, 06:46 AM
thank you for the welcome. i joined pretty late last night but i will be sure to read through as much as i can. im usually the secret lurker who reads for ages before posting in a forum, but this has just been weighing on my mind and you guys here looked like a great place to put it all out there! not to gloat or anything....but, just this morning i was walking with my daughter to the bus and we discussed how flowers become pollinated and the importance of bees and it brought a tear to my eye how intelligent she is and just her basic drive to learn more. im not worried about her, its subsequent children that will probably suffer. even if you have been raised in a religion and broke from it, id like to hear from you to see how difficult it was. i know i'll be sitting there with my fingers crossed waiting for them to question the floating man in the sky, but idk lol. maybe this can work and im just having a mental freak out for no reason...only time will tell. ok. done being annoying, off to continue my lurking ways...
[+] 1 user Likes stashthegoods's post
15-04-2013, 07:36 AM
here are a few discussions you might want to check out. and of course you are welcome to start your own thread for your specific situation. you may want to do that since often questions in the introductions section get overlooked.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-christian

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ithout-God

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...e-thinking

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ng-Parents

and there are other places. get involved here you'll find others may have similar situations!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Hi and welcome.

We have a couple of posters that have similar situations as you. It's definitely difficult.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]