hello from Italy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
RE: hello from Italy
(10-12-2012 04:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 04:42 PM)anotherother Wrote:  Yes of course Silvio wants to return because this extends immunity from prosecution for various court cases - there's a list on wikipedia. Berlusconi owns a football club and a sizeable part of the news media, so it's not difficult for him to get his message across. When he was last in power it felt as though we were living under semi-fascism. I paid a visit to Mussolini's birth place not so long ago, now that is a very and creepy strange town - Predappio. I live in an area which has been under communism control for a lot of years so Berlu (nor the mafia) stand much chance of gaining power locally.

Yes if you want to see a good example of mass hysteria go to St Peter's Square any Sunday morning. It's quite revealing.
I'd rather go drinking on the Via Flaminia. Tongue I did cause a "ruckus" in our Vatican tour when I kept asking "inconvenient" questions. I have to come back tho. There's a little tailor shop near the Vatican where they buy their red "get ups", (the cardinals) ... I need a new pair of red socks.
Actually Rome is a great place to buy clothes. It's really reasonably priced compared to other Italian cities. The food is wonderful there too, isn't it?

Did you go to the Vatican museum? I did but had very mixed feelings ...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Hey there, welcome to the TTA family! Heart

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
10-12-2012, 04:55 PM
(10-12-2012 04:47 PM)anotherother Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 04:38 PM)Vera Wrote:  Benvenuto, Tony!
I hope you find your truth and inner peace.

I used to struggle with losing my faith, too and would pray to god not to let me lose it. Have also grown up thinking that atheist is an ugly, horrible word. Am glad to say that I've never felt freer or happier than after I finally admitted to myself I didn't believe in any deity. The idea that it's all random was probably the most liberating and, strangely enough, comforting experience in my life. (I have also managed to claim the word 'atheist' back from the pit of filth it was rotting in for a long period of my life)

(Also, if I may add, I love so many things about your country and cultures and some of the people most dearest to me are Italians)
Grazie Vera, ma di dove sei ? Portugal ?

Infatto sono Inglese but I have been living here a while and a part of me feels Italian now. Leaving England was wrapped-up with losing my faith, I mean it shook my life so much that I got rid of everything I owned except just enough to fit into a wardrobe, and I left everything behind - just like Jesus' disciples Wink .
If I said "I love you" (we won't tell your fidanzataWink) would it be the wine talking or the fact that you thought I was Portuguese? Consider

I'm from Bulgaria but speak Portuguese and have lived there for a while. I actually wanted to move there, like you did to Italy, but then changed my mind.

Whereabouts in Italy do you live?

(When I was in Rio last year, a guy from the favela where I was volunteering, told me he chose to study anthropology because he was curious, among other things, why people in Italy kept reelecting Berlusconi... a guy from a favela...)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
10-12-2012, 04:56 PM
(10-12-2012 04:48 PM)anotherother Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 04:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'd rather go drinking on the Via Flaminia. Tongue I did cause a "ruckus" in our Vatican tour when I kept asking "inconvenient" questions. I have to come back tho. There's a little tailor shop near the Vatican where they buy their red "get ups", (the cardinals) ... I need a new pair of red socks.
Actually Rome is a great place to buy clothes. It's really reasonably priced compared to other Italian cities. The food is wonderful there too, isn't it?

I've been there, but not in a public tour. My gramps was assigned there for a while. The museum is sort of overwhelming .. there's so much stuff there. I need to have an expert with me, and take it in, in small bits .. it's too much to just walk through. It was fun to see the things I'd read about. The early to High Italian Renaissance is my favorite stuff. All that political intrigue.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
10-12-2012, 05:08 PM
(10-12-2012 04:55 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 04:47 PM)anotherother Wrote:  Grazie Vera, ma di dove sei ? Portugal ?

Infatto sono Inglese but I have been living here a while and a part of me feels Italian now. Leaving England was wrapped-up with losing my faith, I mean it shook my life so much that I got rid of everything I owned except just enough to fit into a wardrobe, and I left everything behind - just like Jesus' disciples Wink .
If I said "I love you" (we won't tell your fidanzataWink) would it be the wine talking or the fact that you thought I was Portuguese? Consider

I'm from Bulgaria but speak Portuguese and have lived there for a while. I actually wanted to move there, like you did to Italy, but then changed my mind.

Whereabouts in Italy do you live?

(When I was in Rio last year, a guy from the favela where I was volunteering, told me he chose to study anthropology because he was curious, among other things, why people in Italy kept reelecting Berlusconi... a guy from a favela...)
Actually my fidanzata, being a hot blooded Italian, would kill us both but I, now having some Italian in me, would smile and offer you another glass of wine Smile

One city I really want to visit is Lisbon. It looks great.

I worked in Brazil for a couple of months and tried to learn their flavour of Portuguese, ma e' un lingua molto difficile.

A couple of years ago I was in a relationship with a lady from Sofia for about six months and I almost went to visit.

I live south of Bologna, not so far from the sea, in a small town called Cesena.

So many places ...

Berlu is more popular in the south I think, where the culture is quite different from the north.
10-12-2012, 05:14 PM
(10-12-2012 04:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 04:48 PM)anotherother Wrote:  Actually Rome is a great place to buy clothes. It's really reasonably priced compared to other Italian cities. The food is wonderful there too, isn't it?

I've been there, but not in a public tour. My gramps was assigned there for a while. The museum is sort of overwhelming .. there's so much stuff there. I need to have an expert with me, and take it in, in small bits .. it's too much to just walk through. It was fun to see the things I'd read about. The early to High Italian Renaissance is my favorite stuff. All that political intrigue.
Yes, a lot of Italy is like this. I spend a week in Florence and was overwhelmed by so much beauty. Actually it was Florence that convinced me that Italy was the place to be, but it wasn't the amazing art or buildings, it was a small trattoria about 20 minutes walk from the center, where on a winter day, I ate a bowl of Tuscan soup called ribollita and sipped a glass of rich red wine and people were open and kind and un-cynical. Within six months I had sold my house in the UK and was living in a tiny apartment in the attic of a 250 year old house.
10-12-2012, 05:15 PM
(10-12-2012 04:54 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Hey there, welcome to the TTA family! Heart
Thanks!
10-12-2012, 05:20 PM
(10-12-2012 05:08 PM)anotherother Wrote:  Actually my fidanzata, being a hot blooded Italian, would kill us both but I, now having some Italian in me, would smile and offer you another glass of wine Smile
Laughat

Wine is all drunk, unfortunately
Quote:One city I really want to visit is Lisbon. It looks great.
Lisboa is a lovely city. And the air smells wonderful. I think I slightly (very slightly) prefer Porto. But I love both cities. And the country in general. And the lovely language (not difficult at all, once you get past all the ridiculous nasal soundsWink)
Quote:I worked in Brazil for a couple of months and tried to learn their flavour of Portuguese, ma e' un lingua molto difficile.
Were you in Rio? Probably not, if you were working Laughat
I fell in love with the place and the people, miss them so much.

Quote:A couple of years ago I was in a relationship with a lady from Sofia for about six months and I almost went to visit.

Sofia is okay (though probably not a that at this time of year, but it's the nature here that's worth visiting for, not the big cities.
Quote:I live south of Bologna, not so far from the sea, in a small town called Cesena.
A very close friend of mine studied in Bologna. She lives in Benevento, I think it's called. I will visit one day, but there are other places on the agenda first. A person very dear to me is from Sicily.

10-12-2012, 05:25 PM
(10-12-2012 05:20 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 05:08 PM)anotherother Wrote:  Actually my fidanzata, being a hot blooded Italian, would kill us both but I, now having some Italian in me, would smile and offer you another glass of wine Smile
Laughat

Quote:One city I really want to visit is Lisbon. It looks great.
Lisboa is a lovely city. And the air smells wonderful. I think I slightly (very slightly) prefer Porto. But I love both cities. And the country in general. And the lovely language (not difficult at all, once you get past all the ridiculous nasal soundsWink)
Quote:I worked in Brazil for a couple of months and tried to learn their flavour of Portuguese, ma e' un lingua molto difficile.

Quote:A couple of years ago I was in a relationship with a lady from Sofia for about six months and I almost went to visit.

Sofia is okay (though probably not a that at this time of year, but it's the nature here that's worth visiting for, not the big cities.
Quote:I live south of Bologna, not so far from the sea, in a small town called Cesena.
A very close friend of mine studied in Bologna. She lives in Benevento, I think it's called. I will visit one day, but there are other places on the agenda first. A person very dear to me is from Sicily.
I was in Sao Paolo and Brazilia, right in the middle of the country. Really liked Brazilians. Such great food and caipirinhas ! Fun times.

Ed ora - dormire. Nice to meet you Vera and all the other people here. You're a friendly bunch!

Ciao.
10-12-2012, 05:29 PM
(10-12-2012 05:25 PM)anotherother Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 05:20 PM)Vera Wrote:  Laughat

I was in Sao Paolo and Brazilia, right in the middle of the country. Really liked Brazilians. Such great food and caipirinhas ! Fun times.

Ed ora - dormire. Nice to meet you Vera and all the other people here. You're a friendly bunch!

Ciao.
Sao Paolo - thought so, since you were working... Drinking Beverage

Cairpinhas, oh, you're just pouring salt into the wound.

Buonanotte!

And see you around.