help needed...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 11:33 PM
RE: help needed...
I'm seeing what you mean. I've tried posting in various ways and it's been fine with Safari on my PC, find with the quick reply box on my iPhone, but I'm getting the error you described when I try and post a full reply from the iPhone.

Unfortunately that doesn't help me know why it won't work but I'll PM someone far more knowledgeable than myself with it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 11:33 PM
holy shit that worked, I don't know what you did but you are my new god. thank you sir.
19-01-2013, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2013 01:00 AM by evenheathen.)
Never mind. The quick reply worked twice, but the full reply gave me the same error. Now quick reply did it again. I thought you did something, well, you're still a saint in my eyes for helping.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-01-2013, 11:37 PM
(19-01-2013 11:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  holy shit that worked, I don't know what you did but you are my new god. thank you sir.

That's very odd. I didn't do anything. I tried posting a couple of test posts to see if I could see the problem. I saw it, had no idea, and PM'd one of our technical Gods about it.

Ah well, I hope it keeps working for you. Smile

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
19-01-2013, 11:38 PM
(19-01-2013 11:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Never mind. The quick reply worked twice, but the fill reply gave me the same error. Now quick reply did it again. I thought you did something, well, you're still a saint in my eyes for helping.

I've PM'd one of our technical Gods, he may be able to help.

Best
Worst
19-01-2013, 11:44 PM
The odd thing is that none of the options for font or text size or link options do anything. I noticed in the post you first referred me to there two options by where it says message that said editor and source. I have one box that says source in what appears to be a box that I could type in, but it doesn't actually do anything either. Don't know if that helps narrow anything down.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-01-2013, 11:46 PM
(19-01-2013 11:44 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The odd thing is that none of the options for font or text size or link options do anything. I noticed in the post you first referred me to there two options by where it says message that said editor and source. I have one box that says source in what appears to be a box that I could type in, but it doesn't actually do anything either. Don't know if that helps narrow anything down.

It sounds like the same issue I'm getting with my iPhone. I've no idea what's causing it though.

Best
Worst
19-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Testing from tablet
19-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Seems to work fine from my tablet, but it's essentially like using the mobile so it still sucks.
20-01-2013, 05:42 AM

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.