help required

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2011, 09:57 PM
help required
I have to get a bunch of papers done for my law course and among them is 5 "law in the news" pages I need to fill out.
If anyone knows any interesting court cases right off hand that would be great. Doesn't have to be off of a news site either.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2011, 10:34 PM
RE: help required
Does it have to be American? I'm not too in touch with the states but I know there has to be tons happening in Tunisian courts, and more locally here in Canada an officer was just killed by a man who stole a snow plow. And I believe there was another case of violence against a cop where a group of women beat down an officer.

I could probably find the cases for you but I don't know if you need them to be local to you or if that matters, I dunno... Anyhow let me know and I'm sure I can hook you up.

25-01-2011, 03:43 AM
(24-01-2011 10:34 PM)Green Wrote:  Does it have to be American? I'm not too in touch with the states but I know there has to be tons happening in Tunisian courts, and more locally here in Canada an officer was just killed by a man who stole a snow plow. And I believe there was another case of violence against a cop where a group of women beat down an officer.

I could probably find the cases for you but I don't know if you need them to be local to you or if that matters, I dunno... Anyhow let me know and I'm sure I can hook you up.

no they don't need too be local.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

25-01-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't know how recent it is, but the Amanda Knox case has been driving people crazy over on the JREF. As I understand it, there's no real proof of guilt, but there's definitely a reason to think she did it, and there's no better suspect. You might check that one out.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
25-01-2011, 11:47 AM

You might be interested in this: http://www.rvk9.org/tag/trial/

It's about 9 people who are being accused of attacking the icelandic parliament during a rather large protest last year, somewhat of a unique case, at least in iceland (and they have been quite a lot in the news over here).
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Can this be of any use to you?
It was a real hype over here. They even started facebook groups but they where banned after Jef Vermassen got death treads
skydiver-els-clottemans-gets-30-years-for-killing-love-rival-els-van-doren

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
25-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys. thats my homework sorted.
Just got done 2 exams today.
Easy meat ;D

25-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Still need any? Does it have to be recent?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jena_six

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
04-02-2011, 03:59 PM
How was it UTM?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
04-02-2011, 06:20 PM
passed in a shitload of work in law class, did a retest(passed) then got a 70 on my exam... my final mark dropped 2 points....