hi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2011, 10:01 PM
hi
Hi i am new here and just came out as atheist to my very religious catholic parents. My husband and I have been bringing up the kids to be critical thinkers and to know a little about all of the world religions but after closer look and hearing some vids we feel strongly awakened to atheism. We live in Western Canada.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like niqi's post
03-12-2011, 11:36 PM
RE: hi
Welcome. Make yourself at home here.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Welcome from Australia. This is a very open forum. Enjoy!Smile
04-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Welcome to the forum fellow Canuck! I am also a western Canadian, stuck in the bible belt of BC. It's pure torture. Hope you enjoy your stay here, there are a lot of super intelligent conversations to partake and also a crapload of silly nonsensical ones which is where I like to linger these days.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
04-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi Niqi - We're all over the map here.
I'm in Kansas.
Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-12-2011, 05:34 PM
(03-12-2011 10:01 PM)niqi Wrote:  My husband and I have been bringing up the kids to be critical thinkers and to know a little about all of the world religions but after closer look and hearing some vids we feel strongly awakened to atheism. We live in Western Canada.

Good for you! But don't deprive your children of the wonders of religion just 'cause they're all wrong. I mean I didn't. Just think of Comparative Religion as watching The History Channel. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.