hi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2012, 10:41 PM
hi
I believe I have always been an athiest at heart, but was duped as a child to believe in something which I can not pick apart and see how it works. I was in the United States Navy as a nuclear machinist mate for some time, which I completely hated due to the people, and my job delt alot with machinery. I am one which if put in charge of something so strong, complex, and potentialy devastating, I need to know the workings of it more than just how to run it. I need evidence, I need something tangible to prove, I question everything and accept nothing which can not be explained without just accepting an aspect or element. This is why I am an athiest. 2+2=4 because i can prove it. God does not exist to me because you as a world can not definitively prove it.
I have only recently come out to myself and a few of my family members and I would like to thank all of you for your support.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like paxilpwns's post
06-06-2012, 12:22 AM
RE: hi
Welcome Smile

2+2=banana. That's my understanding anyway Tongue Admittedly conditions outside the lab where I am caged may be different...
06-06-2012, 09:34 AM
The Catch 22 is that God cannot be disproved either.

Smile

Welcome to the forum!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-06-2012, 01:30 PM
helloh.

2+2 = 1+3 = 3+1 Do I seem smart now? ... say yes Evil_monster

welcome *offering cookie and tea*

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2012, 06:33 PM
omg Kingschosen, everytime i see that video of the guy whipping people w/ his jacket i die laughing... lol
08-06-2012, 06:39 PM
I once had a doctor who had 2+2=5 tatooed on his hand. He was good at his craft. And funny.

Welcome, Paxil.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
(05-06-2012 10:41 PM)paxilpwns Wrote:  I was in the United States Navy as a nuclear machinist mate for some time, ...

hi. Me too. I credit the Navy with teaching me how to study. In Nuclear Power School it was 40 hours a week of classroom time. If your test scores were above 90% you had to study on-site in the classroom an additional 10 hours/week. 80%, 20 hours. 70%, 30 hours. <70%, 40 hours. That's how you learn 'em. Navy was the best thing that could've happened to me then. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-06-2012, 11:02 PM
(08-06-2012 06:33 PM)illegalmonkey Wrote:  omg Kingschosen, everytime i see that video of the guy whipping people w/ his jacket i die laughing... lol
Isn't that great!! That guy is serious, too!
That's some scary-ass anointing going on there. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
08-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi Pax - hope everything goes well with your family and friends. You are exactly who you always were... except maybe, a little lighter. Wink

I don't know about that 2+2 thing... you sure about that? Consider
Could have sworn it would be 22. Tongue
Here's an equation: God/no God = me not giving a rat's ass
Or would it be: me not giving a rat's ass > God/no God ?

Chances are... the God/no God argument is irrelevant.
I always sucked at story problems. Until algebra. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
09-06-2012, 01:08 AM
(08-06-2012 11:49 PM)kim Wrote:  Here's an equation: God/no God = me not giving a rat's ass
Or would it be: me not giving a rat's ass > God/no God ?

Kim's an ignostic apatheist... meaning; if there is a god, it's irrelevant and she don't give a shit. ... I'm going with her.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.