hi, all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: hi, all
(04-11-2012 10:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 09:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  Not to be confused with an analist or an analyst.

There's an obvious joke to go for comparing nihilists to analists. (f--- a--)
But it would be beneath me to go there.

Sorry, I'mNotYou, welcome to the mayhem that is TTA

I'm sending myself to the naughty chair.
Thank you so much for not going there. Consider f------ a------.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 11:50 AM
(04-11-2012 02:07 AM)ImNotYou Wrote:  Hello, I'm a stay at home mother of 3. I am a nihilist and have been for about 10 years. Before that i was basically still a nihilist, just unaware that there was a term for my lack of beliefs, morality, and sense of greater purpose.

Like the moniker, now I want to change mine to I'mNotMe. Been a nihilist for some 35 years now. Many people fail to realize that nihilists don't reject meaning, they reject ultimate meaning, all meaning is local, artificial, and temporary. Which paradoxically elevates the value of meaning to a point of near reverence.

(04-11-2012 02:07 AM)ImNotYou Wrote:  I'm personally quite fine with the amount of Christians there are today and i seek no need to have a more atheist friendly nation (USA). Others may obviously argue with that. But i feel the reality of no god and no true purpose, while simple for a person to comprehend, would be catastrophic on a society.

Don't think I'm all that fine with the amount of Christians in the USA. Think it'd be better to have a more diverse religious population. In my neighborhood in a MD suburb of DC, for example, I can walk to a Hindu Temple, a Buddhist Temple, a Jewish Synagogue, an Hispanic Baptist Church, and 2 Unitarian Universalist Churches. Would like it better if the rest of the country looked more like my neighborhood. But I do agree that the children shouldn't be allowed near the power tools. Big Grin

But enough about NotMe, Welcome to the Monkey House NotYou!

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-11-2012, 03:28 PM

Welcome to our weird little world.
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Hi someone else, I look forward to hearing more about your views. Curious as to the catastrophe and the reason behind it Smile Unlike Girly though, I don't want my neighborhood to look anything at like a D.C. suburb, blech.

I guess, concerning a purpose, I would say life has whatever meaning or purpose you give it. Mine is to be happy, make a happy family, learn, and disabuse ideas that are interfering with the first three things. Well, primarily, at least.

Find all posts by this user