hi from the new guy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2013, 09:11 AM
hi from the new guy
Hello everyone!

Let me tell all you wonderful people a little about my self. I was raised a good christian boy and soured on the whole thing 2 years ago. I like to say that I've lost my faith and good riddance to it!.

i was watching the bible episode of Penn and Tellar's Bullshit. it was like taking a hammer to a pane of glass, i then spent 8 months tortured by questions and doubts, finding my self offended by things i previously supported, and getting no satisfactory answers.

i now embrace atheism, and am far happier than ever before! i also find great pleasure in mocking religion in such a way that points out the folly of blind faith, and the flaws in the bible. I am on a personal mission to encourage people think about their beliefs, and question what all leaders, religious or otherwise, have to say.

i am so glad a place like this exists where a can ask questions and get answers with out religious superstition colouring. Glad to be here

Relic of the Darkling
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Relic of the Darkling's post
20-05-2013, 01:15 PM
RE: hi from the new guy
Welcome! You've come to the right place. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-05-2013, 03:05 PM
(20-05-2013 09:11 AM)Relic of the Darkling Wrote:  Hello everyone!

Let me tell all you wonderful people a little about my self. I was raised a good christian boy and soured on the whole thing 2 years ago. I like to say that I've lost my faith and good riddance to it!.

i was watching the bible episode of Penn and Tellar's Bullshit. it was like taking a hammer to a pane of glass, i then spent 8 months tortured by questions and doubts, finding my self offended by things i previously supported, and getting no satisfactory answers.

i now embrace atheism, and am far happier than ever before! i also find great pleasure in mocking religion in such a way that points out the folly of blind faith, and the flaws in the bible. I am on a personal mission to encourage people think about their beliefs, and question what all leaders, religious or otherwise, have to say.

i am so glad a place like this exists where a can ask questions and get answers with out religious superstition colouring. Glad to be here

Relic of the Darkling

Welcome, Relic. Have you seen Bill Maher's Religulous? You'd probably like it.
I, too, grew up on the teachings of Xianity, although I believed it at the time, I never once felt the overwhelming spirituality that seems to overtake other people's lives. Eventually, I concluded that I am atheist and have never thought twice about it. It is an empowering feeling to know that your reality isn't clouded by millennia-old superstitious nonsense. Smartass

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
20-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Welcome Smile
20-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Seeing as your an atheist I can freely tell you that the blood orgies are tomorrow and if you get peckish then please feel free to put a newborn infant on the BBQ. Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
20-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Nice to meet you. Welcome to TTA.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
20-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Welcome Fellow Newbie!!!

“My view is that if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
20-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm new too! Also raised a good Christian girl. Welcome. I hope we like it here.
20-05-2013, 10:49 PM
(20-05-2013 09:11 AM)Relic of the Darkling Wrote:  Let me tell all you wonderful people a little about my self.

I've taken the liberty to archive this claim in the Words I Want to Remember thread.

You might want to review it for accuracy in a few weeks. Maybe days... maybe hours.

Depending on who you run into. Or who runs into you.

Welcome. Tongue

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post