history subforum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 08:14 AM
RE: history subforum?
(16-04-2013 08:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well FT, in the last 4/5 posts I can count 6 people in support of it.
FC, you, me, Misanthropik, and kim and gaest (whoever that is) liked my query as to when this is going to be a thing.
And I know others off the top of my head that would be interested.

Don't be fooled into thinking the support for it is not there, it is there. It's just either, a) the mods are trolling me, b) the mods can't be fucked or c) the mods dont want to and that's all that matters so its not being done despite what anyone else wants.
I personally am leaning towards a.

Have you been spending much time with I$I recently, Muffs?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 09:13 AM
I voted earlier in favor of it. It seems like there are a lot more people interested in it than I originally thought.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2013, 09:28 AM
How many threads are history threads?. If they only pop up now and then it's really not worth having a dedicated section for it.
16-04-2013, 09:41 AM
(16-04-2013 09:28 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  How many threads are history threads?. If they only pop up now and then it's really not worth having a dedicated section for it.

You're looking at it wrong.

If we only had one forum, as in no subforums, how many would be atheist/theist, how many would philosophical, how many would be conspiracy theories, how many would be video games, how many would be books, how many would be movies or music or food etc...

There are plenty of those threads because there is a dedicated section for them.
You can say "well there's the coffeehouse", but you can't have a serious thread in the coffee house or 'this that and the other' too.

If there is a dedicated section like Science, or Politics or Philosophy, then people will feel encouraged to post in it.

I don't see why there is such a negative attitude towards creating one. If it doesn't do well, just delete, no harm done.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-04-2013, 10:04 AM
As far as I know those sections were created because those particular areas were being brought up often, you could see it in the old stuff section which was a collection of all the threads from when the forum was just 1 board...well before hughsie went and sorted them into the appropriate sections.

If enough history threads are created then it would be worth discussing.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
16-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah. A. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
16-04-2013, 08:40 PM
(16-04-2013 10:04 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  If enough history threads are created then it would be worth discussing.

Sounds like this idea may already be history Undecided

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
16-04-2013, 11:04 PM
(16-04-2013 10:04 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  As far as I know those sections were created because those particular areas were being brought up often, you could see it in the old stuff section which was a collection of all the threads from when the forum was just 1 board...well before hughsie went and sorted them into the appropriate sections.

If enough history threads are created then it would be worth discussing.

So you're telling me that non of 'the heavy stuff' sub-forums were there in the beginning? Except the atheist/theist one.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
17-04-2013, 07:32 AM
(16-04-2013 10:04 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  If enough history threads are created then it would be worth discussing.

I've refrained from adding history stuff because there was no real place for it.
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
17-04-2013, 07:42 AM
(17-04-2013 07:32 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  

I've refrained from adding history stuff because there was no real place for it.

Well then, I suggest you people begin to make enough history topics to make the history sub-forum a worthwhile endeavour. After which, I would suggest as many recent, history based threads as possible should be moved into the new sub-forum to begin it's colonization and production.

Seems like a fairly simple solution to this whole mess.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post