hitler approves brainwashing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2014, 01:22 AM
hitler approves brainwashing
http://www.al.com/news/montgomery/index....ed_on.html

Is it just me, or are the fundies getting crazier? And just think, Alabama LOVES its assault rifles.

[Image: BpI_erjCUAE_Xzk.jpg]

In case you can't read the quotes in the pic, the first one states: "He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future." - Adolf Hitler

Followed by the bible verse: "Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."

And it has cute little smiling children on it, almost as if they're saying 'Yay for brainwashing!' I don't know if I will ever be free from the damage that religion has done to me through childhood indoctrination.

This was at the beginning of this month near Auburn, Alabama. At first glance I thought it was satirical, however it was placed by a christian youth group. While our Alabama public education system SUCKS, even meth cooks camped out in the hills know about hitler and WWII (as evidenced by their swastika tattoos). Isn't one of the main purposes of studying history to prevent making the same mistakes as previous generations? And yet many of my facebook friends had religious hard ons for it and saw nothing wrong with it because it was "Truth". Cause ya know, any time I want to make a case for moral matters, I like to quote mass murdering xenophobic war criminals.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
26-06-2014, 04:40 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2014 04:43 AM by sporehux.)
RE: hitler approves brainwashing
Any time I read/hear the term "Train up a child" , I see RED....AngryAngryAngry

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
26-06-2014, 05:51 AM
(26-06-2014 01:22 AM)Nurse Wrote:  At first glance I thought it was satirical, however it was placed by a christian youth group.

Unless they're the biggest Poe ever. Yeah, it's hard to see the Hitler quote and take it seriously.

I want to laugh at them, because Jesus tells adults to train up children so they'll follow, and then goes and tells them they have to be like children themselves!

Matthew 18:3

Quote:3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

I always read that verse as "unless you're as credulous as children, you won't believe in me".
26-06-2014, 05:53 AM
i.e: If you don't indoctrinate your children they will.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
26-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Hitler was a christian after all.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.