holding a grudge against my mom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: holding a grudge against my mom
For some reason we tend to hold our parents to much higher standards than anyone else.

She was scared, she screwed up, she hoped it would go away.

One way or another, it happens to all of us.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
16-02-2015, 09:15 AM
(15-02-2015 06:04 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Forgive your mom. It will set YOU free...
Who knows what her reasons were...and this doesn't mean you have to pretend it all didn't happen. It just means you don't have to carry around the weight of anger over it, so you can move on. Forgiveness sets us free. **hugs**
This is it. Focus on all you're mom has given you, and accept her frailties. It's a hard world out there. Better to notice the beauty.
16-02-2015, 09:20 AM
(15-02-2015 06:04 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Forgive your mom. It will set YOU free...
Who knows what her reasons were...and this doesn't mean you have to pretend it all didn't happen. It just means you don't have to carry around the weight of anger over it, so you can move on. Forgiveness sets us free. **hugs**

Can that be done when the mother sat back and watch the abuse from a father that had no vested interest in you?

When I found out the truth everything came together in one giant slap.

Realized why this asshole hated so much.
16-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Well it was daddy that treated me better then mom. She called me little bitch. Used to slam my head into the wall. So that's how I knew something was up. As the years went by I got older and was able to pit 2 and 2 together and hunted for the truth. It took years but I got the truth.
So forgive me if I don't forgive her just yet.
19-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Everybody's from a "fucked up family". Join the club. It's up to you how much it effects you as an adult. Life's short. Mom's human. Learn from it so you'll do better with your kids. Then get over it and move on.

Time's a wastin'
21-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Forgiving isn't about accepting what she's done, it's about allowing yourself to put it in the past and moving on with your life.
[+] 1 user Likes Takelababy's post