holiday greetings and other reasons I should shave my ears off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 10:57 PM
holiday greetings and other reasons I should shave my ears off
I just got done viewing a post on face book that said.. if america is such a christian nation why can't we say merry christmas. I swear what's the point of this argument. you can say merry christmas and happy holiday. why are people even arguing about this. it so sad because we are arguing this every holiday season instead of the big issues.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
14-10-2014, 05:53 AM
RE: holiday greetings and other reasons I should shave my ears off
(13-10-2014 10:57 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I just got done viewing a post on face book that said.. if america is such a christian nation why can't we say merry christmas. I swear what's the point of this argument. you can say merry christmas and happy holiday. why are people even arguing about this. it so sad because we are arguing this every holiday season instead of the big issues.

Because in America, "Christian persecution" has expanded to include "I didn't get my way on everything I want all the time" and "I can't make everyone do the things I like doing".

Yay for tyranny of the majority and dimwitted assholes who can't see it/don't care about it.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
14-10-2014, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 06:02 AM by Free Thought.)
(14-10-2014 05:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 10:57 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I just got done viewing a post on face book that said.. if america is such a christian nation why can't we say merry christmas. I swear what's the point of this argument. you can say merry christmas and happy holiday. why are people even arguing about this. it so sad because we are arguing this every holiday season instead of the big issues.

Because in America, "Christian persecution" has expanded to include "I didn't get my way on everything I want all the time" and "I can't make everyone do the things I like doing".

Yay for tyranny of the majority and dimwitted assholes who can't see it/don't care about it.

[Image: 573175689_c5d5c31d7a_o-300x224.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
14-10-2014, 06:31 AM
It is a sad state that people get upset about how others offer a friendly greeting. Just respond in a manner you like and move on. Such pettiness. People should be happy that others are trying to be friendly, even if it is for just a few weeks a year.
[+] 4 users Like wazzel's post
14-10-2014, 06:47 AM
(14-10-2014 05:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

if they think their being oppressed right now......... oh then just wait for when atheism becomes the majority, then they'll be terrified Yes

the thing is they aren't even being oppressed by anyone, their just breaking & bending & twisting the law to suit their pointless crusades Laugh out load
14-10-2014, 08:50 AM
I've never quite understood the American thing with avoiding saying 'Merry Christmas', it's actually a running joke where I live because religion isn't taken very seriously here at all, but we say 'Merry Christmas', but in America where there are still people who think the earth is flat and that it popped out of nowhere 7000 years ago people avoid saying it.
It seems to me like some sort of lingering guilt for something, but for what I know not.

Personally I can't imagine how much of a dick someone would have to be to get offended by well-wishing anyway. It's like those people who launch into a rant because someone says "Bless you", but those don't exist outside of the puberty rage age range as far as I've ever experienced.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
14-10-2014, 09:10 AM

As long as Pagans are also allowed to say Happy Ostara Day and other religions can wish a "happy" whatever day but the problem is that Christians think they have a corner market on holiday wishes.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-10-2014, 09:29 AM
(14-10-2014 08:50 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I've never quite understood the American thing with avoiding saying 'Merry Christmas', it's actually a running joke where I live because religion isn't taken very seriously here at all, but we say 'Merry Christmas', but in America where there are still people who think the earth is flat and that it popped out of nowhere 7000 years ago people avoid saying it.
It seems to me like some sort of lingering guilt for something, but for what I know not.

Personally I can't imagine how much of a dick someone would have to be to get offended by well-wishing anyway. It's like those people who launch into a rant because someone says "Bless you", but those don't exist outside of the puberty rage age range as far as I've ever experienced.
They don't avoid saying it, happy holidays is just used because Christmas isn't the only winter celebration. It's usually a store policy to say happy holidays in order not to offend their customers..until it does...ugh

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
14-10-2014, 09:34 AM
(14-10-2014 09:29 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 08:50 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I've never quite understood the American thing with avoiding saying 'Merry Christmas', it's actually a running joke where I live because religion isn't taken very seriously here at all, but we say 'Merry Christmas', but in America where there are still people who think the earth is flat and that it popped out of nowhere 7000 years ago people avoid saying it.

They don't avoid saying it, happy holidays is just used because Christmas isn't the only winter celebration. It's usually a store policy to say happy holidays in order not to offend their customers..until it does...ugh

Seems like nobody can win then? xD
Might be time to start telling people to 'get over it' and stop allowing people to create law suits on being offended, but that's probably wishful thinking.

My celebrating in the year starts in mid october and doesn't stop until mid january, but none of it is a holy day. Can I get some money now please? :3
Laugh out load

Edit: woot 1000th post

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 2 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
14-10-2014, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 12:33 PM by CleverUsername.)
Wow. I think the War on Christmas bull crud has arrived even earlier than the Christmas decorations in stores this year.

(13-10-2014 10:57 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I just got done viewing a post on face book that said.. if america is such a christian nation why can't we say merry christmas.

That's an easy one; the answer is "We are not a Christian nation". Yes

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.