holy propaganda ofthe sevent demention bat man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 10:42 AM
holy propaganda ofthe sevent demention bat man
How do we know that the bible,,,,??wasn't just war time propaganda from a celestial north korea.. no.. I am not kidding. religious people assume that just because there is a book that says x means x is true. How do they know that it isn't that the demons area racial minority ad that gods nota Hitler-ish like figure.. just curious. I am in the same boat. I know not of the other wordly beings and what they do... lol...

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: holy propaganda ofthe sevent demention bat man
(22-03-2017 10:42 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  How do we know that the bible,,,,??wasn't just war time propaganda from a celestial north korea.. no.. I am not kidding. religious people assume that just because there is a book that says x means x is true. How do they know that it isn't that the demons area racial minority ad that gods nota Hitler-ish like figure.. just curious. I am in the same boat. I know not of the other wordly beings and what they do... lol...

A lot of the Old Testament was. Leaving aside the business of demons, we see all sorts of propaganda aimed by the worshipers of Yahweh against other gods in the Canaanite pantheon (notably Asherah and Baal). As another example, one theory about the Judgement of Solomon it was actually a propaganda metaphor. The baby was supposed to be the nation of Israel, and the best leader of Israel was revealed in who was the faction that was not willing to see it divided.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
22-03-2017, 01:41 PM
The history channel made a pretty OK documentary that show's what Reltzik is saying, the moment the bible actually does start to line up with what we know actually took place in history is the moment we see that its most likely that it was created by an ancient king of that time as propaganda to manipulate and control the people of that time (specifically the man who first wrote the Tora)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
23-03-2017, 05:26 AM
My understanding of the bible is: a selection of preexisting myths/legends/holidays made relevant to the [then] current people of a large population, brought together in one book. This is then used as a controlling method, initially it seems to try and teach people something through these stories via "morals" of some description.

I would dare say a lot of the people that this was aimed at were the un-educated rabble and they took it seriously, and it grew from there, with them handing it down to their children and so on. New Testament is created by the Roman's (If I have that right) and it's used in a much larger scale to attempt to unify and control it's people.

Fast forward to today and it's grown into what we know it as.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post