holy spirit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 10:57 AM
holy spirit
Ok. What is the holy spirit anyway?
Father, son & holy spirit(?)....okaaay....but what IS it?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 10:58 AM
RE: holy spirit
It relies on a belief in dualism. The Holy Spirit is essentially the remnant of the breath of life that was given to humans that separates them from other animals.
03-11-2014, 11:04 AM
(03-11-2014 10:58 AM)natachan Wrote:  It relies on a belief in dualism. The Holy Spirit is essentially the remnant of the breath of life that was given to humans that separates them from other animals.

Ah. Thanks. Ive been googling and really having trouble finding answers. Why the need for trinity?

03-11-2014, 11:43 AM
That whole trinity thing is a really frustrating concept.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
03-11-2014, 11:44 AM
I found this explanation. I think it's reasonably accurate in describing the holy spirit's supposed role.

At the bottom, there is also this:

Quote:The Spirit is an essential part of the Christian life, the Spirit is how God works in his people until the second coming of Christ. The Spirit helps Christians to understand the word of God and live it out in their lives today.
(bold is mine)

So apparently, the holy spirit is why Christians believe they don't need to read their bible too. Wink

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
03-11-2014, 11:49 AM
(03-11-2014 10:58 AM)natachan Wrote:  It relies on a belief in dualism. The Holy Spirit is essentially the remnant of the breath of life that was given to humans that separates them from other animals.

Yea because we absolutely just HAD to find some way or reason to separate ourselves from apes aka animals.

Ok carry on.
03-11-2014, 12:03 PM
(03-11-2014 10:57 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Ok. What is the holy spirit anyway?

One third of the alleged Godhead. Here, let me explain Christianity in terms of the Godhead:

One third of the Godhead got angry with humans because of some baggage he's made us carry with us because of his own arbitrary system of "justice". After four thousand years, this made him feel bad. He sent the second third of the Godhead to earth to be sacrificed in order to appease the first third of the Godhead. Now, if this doesn't make sense to you, don't worry. It doesn't make sense to anyone.

That's where the Holy Spirit comes in. The third third of the Godhead is sent to us to telepathically tell us how awesome this all is, and that's the only way we can accept it.

Make sense? Tongue
03-11-2014, 12:20 PM
I had godhead on a drive back to Edmonton from Jasper. Ahh good times.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
03-11-2014, 12:22 PM
It's a convenient way for many believers to pretend that they get special revelation from god, when it all gets pulled out of their ass.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
03-11-2014, 12:22 PM
(03-11-2014 12:03 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 10:57 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Ok. What is the holy spirit anyway?

One third of the alleged Godhead. Here, let me explain Christianity in terms of the Godhead:

One third of the Godhead got angry with humans because of some baggage he's made us carry with us because of his own arbitrary system of "justice". After four thousand years, this made him feel bad. He sent the second third of the Godhead to earth to be sacrificed in order to appease the first third of the Godhead. Now, if this doesn't make sense to you, don't worry. It doesn't make sense to anyone.

That's where the Holy Spirit comes in. The third third of the Godhead is sent to us to telepathically tell us how awesome this all is, and that's the only way we can accept it.

Make sense? Tongue

No.
That was not helpful.

LMAO

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post