holy spirit or a picky breeze?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 12:30 PM
RE: holy spirit or a picky breeze?
I had a friend who thought she could see God in everything like if it was raining and suddenly stopped right before school let out "Like, wow, God didn't want us walking in the rain!" She used to say that dinosaur bones and evolution were tricks by the Devil so around the time we stopped being friends if she said "This is God's work!" I would say "How do you know it's not the Devil trying to trick you?" That always made her mad.

When I watched the video of the flag all I could think was "Maybe it's the Devil?" But most likely it's jut a picky breeze, those bastards are so hard to control sometimes.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2016, 12:34 PM
(24-03-2016 12:30 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I had a friend who thought she could see God in everything like if it was raining and suddenly stopped right before school let out "Like, wow, God didn't want us walking in the rain!" She used to say that dinosaur bones and evolution were tricks by the Devil so around the time we stopped being friends if she said "This is God's work!" I would say "How do you know it's not the Devil trying to trick you?" That always made her mad.

When I watched the video of the flag all I could think was "Maybe it's the Devil?" But most likely it's jut a picky breeze, those bastards are so hard to control sometimes.

I've just found it weird how people who are sick with sinus are something say "God had mercy and allowed me to sleep"
Like where did the mercy go when you woke up and felt worse?
Or the preachers wife at my old church "y'all this lady needs help and I told her God would take care of it so you guys come on and help her"
24-03-2016, 12:34 PM
The Holy Spirit is Chucknorris breath.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
24-03-2016, 12:47 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-03-2016, 01:18 PM
That's even more impressive than appearing on toast. Who needs seas being parted and pillars of fire and manna from heaven when you have one flag moving a little bit more than another one near it? What clearer miracle could there be?

Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
24-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Genesis 1:2
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

Two important aspects I think need to be remembered is
1. The ancient Hebrews that formed these tales were heavily influenced by Ancient Sumerian and Babylonian religions.
2. Much of the Bible as read today was transcribed by Romans.

These Pagan religions attributed a god for everything. When the ancient Hebrews tried narrowing down the majority of creation to their god they picked there favorite parts.

The earliest records (correct me on this if I'm wrong) that we have of the old testament wasn't committed to wrighting till around 500 BCE.

Babylonian 1100 - 1200 BCE.

There is even suggetions that say god was a volcano.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
24-03-2016, 01:31 PM
(24-03-2016 12:34 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:30 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I had a friend who thought she could see God in everything like if it was raining and suddenly stopped right before school let out "Like, wow, God didn't want us walking in the rain!" She used to say that dinosaur bones and evolution were tricks by the Devil so around the time we stopped being friends if she said "This is God's work!" I would say "How do you know it's not the Devil trying to trick you?" That always made her mad.

I've just found it weird how people who are sick with sinus are something say "God had mercy and allowed me to sleep"
Or the preachers wife at my old church "y'all this lady needs help and I told her God would take care of it so you guys come on and help her"

I was riding my bike a few years ago and got rear-ended by a car. I went flying, rolling, and tumbling (and my helmet made a nice hole in the lady's windshield), and my bike was utterly destroyed, but I wasn't hurt at all -- not even a scratch.

My devout Catholic dad's reaction was "Somebody was looking out for you." My unspoken thought was "Why didn't he/she/they just stop the car from hitting me then?"
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
24-03-2016, 01:54 PM
(24-03-2016 01:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:34 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I've just found it weird how people who are sick with sinus are something say "God had mercy and allowed me to sleep"

I was riding my bike a few years ago and got rear-ended by a car. I went flying, rolling, and tumbling (and my helmet made a nice hole in the lady's windshield), and my bike was utterly destroyed, but I wasn't hurt at all -- not even a scratch.

My devout Catholic dad's reaction was "Somebody was looking out for you." My unspoken thought was "Why didn't he/she/they just stop the car from hitting me then?"

Maybe the driver had a demon in them?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
24-03-2016, 02:55 PM
I can't help but notice that the Holy Spirit doesn't seem to think much for the Stars and Stripes.

That and they're idiots at propaganda. With the special effects budgets that most televangelists ought to be able to afford there should be unicorns in that.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
24-03-2016, 03:00 PM
(24-03-2016 07:36 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 07:29 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Is this the Q everyone speaks of????

YupFacepalm

Q is one of our savants. His genius is widely underappreciated but he is a better argument against religion than anything atheists are ever likely to produce.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post