holy spirit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: holy spirit
(03-11-2014 12:03 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 10:57 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Ok. What is the holy spirit anyway?
Father, son & holy spirit(?)....okaaay....but what IS it?

One third of the alleged Godhead. Here, let me explain Christianity in terms of the Godhead:

One third of the Godhead got angry with humans because of some baggage he's made us carry with us because of his own arbitrary system of "justice". After four thousand years, this made him feel bad. He sent the second third of the Godhead to earth to be sacrificed in order to appease the first third of the Godhead. Now, if this doesn't make sense to you, don't worry. It doesn't make sense to anyone.

That's where the Holy Spirit comes in. The third third of the Godhead is sent to us to telepathically tell us how awesome this all is, and that's the only way we can accept it.

Make sense? Tongue

Isn't your third third supposed to be the second third? After all, didn't your third third actually impregnate the young woman, meaning your third third came (pardon the pun) before your second third, making your second third the third third?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
03-11-2014, 12:38 PM
(03-11-2014 12:23 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 12:03 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  One third of the alleged Godhead. Here, let me explain Christianity in terms of the Godhead:

One third of the Godhead got angry with humans because of some baggage he's made us carry with us because of his own arbitrary system of "justice". After four thousand years, this made him feel bad. He sent the second third of the Godhead to earth to be sacrificed in order to appease the first third of the Godhead. Now, if this doesn't make sense to you, don't worry. It doesn't make sense to anyone.

That's where the Holy Spirit comes in. The third third of the Godhead is sent to us to telepathically tell us how awesome this all is, and that's the only way we can accept it.

Make sense? Tongue

Isn't your third third supposed to be the second third? After all, didn't your third third actually impregnate the young woman, meaning your third third came (pardon the pun) before your second third, making your second third the third third?

Oh. My. God!
You guys are killing me.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
03-11-2014, 12:41 PM
God is Being. Son is Being. Holy Spirit is Becoming. (Complete with annoying capitalizations. Wink Also, Holy Spirit is that of God which animates prophets - see Ezekiel.

More generally, Holy Spirit is Animus; that which animates all life.

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-11-2014, 12:42 PM
(03-11-2014 12:23 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Isn't your third third supposed to be the second third? After all, didn't your third third actually impregnate the young woman, meaning your third third came (pardon the pun) before your second third, making your second third the third third?

If someone will second that, I'll go ahead and third it. Tongue

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-11-2014, 01:05 PM
(03-11-2014 12:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  God is Being. Son is Being. Holy Spirit is Becoming. (Complete with annoying capitalizations. Wink Also, Holy Spirit is that of God which animates prophets - see Ezekiel.

Yup - breath of life.

Supposedly, all are children of god... though, separated beings. Spirit is necessary to become one with god's being.

Frankly, some really good recreational drugs could also accomplish the same trick. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
03-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Holy Spirit=special 6th sense to some Christians. The insanely crazy church I was raised in taught that the holy spirit acts like a guide for a believer's life. The holy spirit helps a believer know right from wrong. Helps them know when they have sinned.

Also it would be referenced when interpreting the bible. Don't agree with your fellow Christian's interpretation? Then they just weren't listening to the spirit. Or they didn't have the discernment of the spirit.

And for the super crazy, the holy spirit was responsible for speaking in tongues and praying in the spirit. Or getting up and running around the church with tambourine in hand.

No joke. Often it's a excuse for them to do whatever the hell they want, as long as they say they are being led by the spirit.
[+] 1 user Likes TN Skeptic's post
03-11-2014, 01:14 PM
(03-11-2014 01:05 PM)kim Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 12:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  God is Being. Son is Being. Holy Spirit is Becoming. (Complete with annoying capitalizations. Wink Also, Holy Spirit is that of God which animates prophets - see Ezekiel.

Yup - breath of life.

Supposedly, all are children of god... though, separated beings. Spirit is necessary to become one with god's being.

Frankly, some really good recreational drugs could also accomplish the same trick. Drinking Beverage

Kinda makes me wanna kill - motherfuckers fucking up a beautiful story. Some T & SOS now...

living word
03-11-2014, 01:15 PM
(03-11-2014 12:22 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  No.
That was not helpful.

LMAO

Sounds like you don't have enough Holy Spirit. Which is probably a good thing.

(03-11-2014 12:23 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Isn't your third third supposed to be the second third? After all, didn't your third third actually impregnate the young woman, meaning your third third came (pardon the pun) before your second third, making your second third the third third?

It doesn't matter which is which third. They're all eternal. The Son already existed while a separate aspect of the Godhead was conceiving him.

Why? Because Trinity. Also, fuck causality.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
03-11-2014, 01:18 PM
(03-11-2014 01:15 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Why? Because Trinity. Also, fuck causality.

They way I heard it, Holy Spirit was added to Father and Son to avoid the negative publicity of duality. :/

living word
03-11-2014, 01:31 PM
In case anyone missed it, I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet. And the vehicle of that moment was Holy Spirit. But it was never about morality, nor religion, nor good versus evil, it was more about tao, about how we are all star stuff...

About how it doesn't matter how PETA you are, it's gonna take opposable thumbs to get this life off of this rock before Sol goes all red giant. It's about will, and love, and becoming; not being stagnant, not being complacent, not being without sin.

About being with the Creator by being The Creator, not by being us versus them but rather us versus it, where it is entropy and we shall prevail!

(OK... maybe there's some alcohol involved... Big Grin )

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post