holy spirit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: holy spirit
As an aside... it might be interesting to note that God came to Mary's Mom so that she would concieve of a clean vessel(Mary). God then "uses" this clean vessel to concieve his son(Jesus).
Mary is God's daughter. Jesus is God's son.
Mary & Jesus are mother & child AND half siblings.

Dysfunctional family is dysfunctional. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-11-2014, 01:34 PM
(03-11-2014 01:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 01:15 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Why? Because Trinity. Also, fuck causality.

They way I heard it, Holy Spirit was added to Father and Son to avoid the negative publicity of duality. :/

You're saying The Father would have become the De Facto bad cop? I like this dynamic, better.

Jesus: "Woah! Sorry about that guy. He's kind of a dick. Here, have some coffee.

Look, man, I get what you're saying. It's just, when that other guy comes back through the door, he's going to want to send you to hell. I don't want that. Do you want that? We just need a little help from you. All you have to do is acknowledge I died for your sins."
03-11-2014, 01:40 PM
(03-11-2014 01:34 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 01:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  They way I heard it, Holy Spirit was added to Father and Son to avoid the negative publicity of duality. :/

You're saying The Father would have become the De Facto bad cop? I like this dynamic, better.

Jesus: "Woah! Sorry about that guy. He's kind of a dick. Here, have some coffee.

Look, man, I get what you're saying. It's just, when that other guy comes back through the door, he's going to want to send you to hell. I don't want that. Do you want that? We just need a little help from you. All you have to do is acknowledge I died for your sins."

Prophet don't mean preacher but here I go... Big Grin

You're not processing the information correctly. In order to become Christian, one must accept Jesus Christ as Lord and savior through the vehicle of Holy Spirit; however, Holy Spirit abides no evil (is it James or Amos?). Therefore, hell is a logical impossibility preached to the hypothetical masses of "would be" Christians... (seriously, even the Bible denies the existence of hell. Wink

And yeah, Holy Spirit is also the vehicle of an evolving God.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Round the 3rd-4th century the Church fathers saw the need to give their cause some more oomph.
Jesus had been ambiguous as to whether he was actually God or not.
There was even an acceptance of reincarnation at this stage.
This did not fit well with a one life testing scenario.
By making Jesus equal to God this gave Christianity more clout.
The holy spirit is seen as the link between Jesus/God and us.Angel
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
03-11-2014, 02:06 PM
(03-11-2014 01:31 PM)kim Wrote:  As an aside... it might be interesting to note that God came to Mary's Mom so that she would concieve of a clean vessel(Mary). God then "uses" this clean vessel to concieve his son(Jesus).

You're saying they're trailer trash. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-11-2014, 02:07 PM
(03-11-2014 02:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 01:31 PM)kim Wrote:  As an aside... it might be interesting to note that God came to Mary's Mom so that she would concieve of a clean vessel(Mary). God then "uses" this clean vessel to concieve his son(Jesus).

You're saying they're trailer trash. Consider

That's Mr. Holy Trailer Trash to you. Angry

03-11-2014, 02:10 PM

I never took it as Mary being god's daughter, just that the immaculate conception meant that although she was conceived in the normal way she was absolved of original sin. That made her suitable to be impregnated by the holy spirit when she hit puberty.

Of course, that doctrine just means that god IS fully capable of removing original sin from anybody without requiring a blood sacrifice and is yet another contradiction that just gets glossed over.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
03-11-2014, 02:22 PM
(03-11-2014 02:10 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

I never took it as Mary being god's daughter, just that the immaculate conception meant that although she was conceived in the normal way she was absolved of original sin. That made her suitable to be impregnated by the holy spirit when she hit puberty.

Of course, that doctrine just means that god IS fully capable of removing original sin from anybody without requiring a blood sacrifice and is yet another contradiction that just gets glossed over.

Original Sin was covered in Ezekiel. Paul's gambit was to introduce the tabernacle to the commons through the intermediary of Jesus.

03-11-2014, 02:26 PM
(03-11-2014 02:22 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:10 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I never took it as Mary being god's daughter, just that the immaculate conception meant that although she was conceived in the normal way she was absolved of original sin. That made her suitable to be impregnated by the holy spirit when she hit puberty.

Original Sin was covered in Ezekiel. Paul's gambit was to introduce the tabernacle to the commons through the intermediary of Jesus.

Why does it scare me a little that you know this shit? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
03-11-2014, 02:32 PM
(03-11-2014 02:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 02:22 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Original Sin was covered in Ezekiel. Paul's gambit was to introduce the tabernacle to the commons through the intermediary of Jesus.

Why does it scare me a little that you know this shit? Consider

You once said "theology is the empty set," and I cannot disagree; what I do disagree with is mofos fucking up a beautiful story. We are all God. We cannot "go to hell." We cannot "blaspheme against the Holy Spirit." All we can do is be, and become; and prehaps when we become we can become with grace and then the the angels will sing... but that's a bunch of woo. Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post