homosexuality and post secondary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2014, 02:57 PM
homosexuality and post secondary
So, this morning I was at a clinic getting some blood work done and the waiting room was full of people. One gentleman in particular was having an abnormally loud conversation with the lady next to him. he was going on about his doctor and how he found out she was a lesbian "no, thanks" he said "do what you want to do but keep it away from me".... then he proceeds to say "lot's of kids these days are turning out to be gay. A lot of my buddies are sending there kids to university and in a few years they come back and say 'hey dad, I'm gay.' That's the problem with university now, you either go and get an education or you end up gay"

Now, there was part of my that wanted to explain to him how stupid he sounded but since I was in a room of elderly people who were basically agreeing with him I thought any attempt would have been a waste of time.

Anyways, this was just one of the weirdest comments on homosexuality I have ever come across and I was wondering what you all thought.

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.
-God Is Not Great
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: homosexuality and post secondary
There is a rather troubling attitude in the funds sect that mainstream universities are evil. They don't want to send their kids to them, they believe these places are dens of liberal brainwashing. They then send their kids to "religious universities" whose degrees are virtually worthless. But hey, they stayed clear of those vulgar secular universities.

Of course this ignores that there are literally HUNDREDS of religious organizations on any campus.
[+] 4 users Like natachan's post
15-04-2014, 03:14 PM
(15-04-2014 02:57 PM)cejl Wrote:  So, this morning I was at a clinic getting some blood work done and the waiting room was full of people. One gentleman in particular was having an abnormally loud conversation with the lady next to him. he was going on about his doctor and how he found out she was a lesbian "no, thanks" he said "do what you want to do but keep it away from me".... then he proceeds to say "lot's of kids these days are turning out to be gay. A lot of my buddies are sending there kids to university and in a few years they come back and say 'hey dad, I'm gay.' That's the problem with university now, you either go and get an education or you end up gay"

Now, there was part of my that wanted to explain to him how stupid he sounded but since I was in a room of elderly people who were basically agreeing with him I thought any attempt would have been a waste of time.

Anyways, this was just one of the weirdest comments on homosexuality I have ever come across and I was wondering what you all thought.
So, is that a course of study now? A Bachelor of Gay Arts? Perhaps one can major in being gay and minor in being fabulous.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 6 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
15-04-2014, 03:21 PM
(15-04-2014 03:14 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 02:57 PM)cejl Wrote:  So, this morning I was at a clinic getting some blood work done and the waiting room was full of people. One gentleman in particular was having an abnormally loud conversation with the lady next to him. he was going on about his doctor and how he found out she was a lesbian "no, thanks" he said "do what you want to do but keep it away from me".... then he proceeds to say "lot's of kids these days are turning out to be gay. A lot of my buddies are sending there kids to university and in a few years they come back and say 'hey dad, I'm gay.' That's the problem with university now, you either go and get an education or you end up gay"

So, is that a course of study now? A Bachelor of Gay Arts? Perhaps one can major in being gay and minor in being fabulous.

Had the exact same thought.

A degree in The Gay.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-04-2014, 03:26 PM
They should be proud, they don't know how hard is to get a degree in gayness. It's a pain in the ass Cool

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 9 users Like nach_in's post
15-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Is it bad that I was glad to read the part that said "mostly elderly people"

That population will be gone soon.
15-04-2014, 03:41 PM
(15-04-2014 03:11 PM)natachan Wrote:  There is a rather troubling attitude in the funds sect that mainstream universities are evil. They don't want to send their kids to them, they believe these places are dens of liberal brainwashing. They then send their kids to "religious universities" whose degrees are virtually worthless. But hey, they stayed clear of those vulgar secular universities.

Of course this ignores that there are literally HUNDREDS of religious organizations on any campus.

I hope the fundies keep their kids away from evil secular universities, makes more room for kids who actually want to learn. And later on, its less competition in the job market for my kids. Angel

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Wow! You learn something new every day! All those animal species that exhibit gay behavior... they've been going to college! Thumbsup

Who knew? Wink

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
15-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Wait so you are telling me college=homosexual? Well that explains why their success has been higher.Big Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-04-2014, 04:37 PM
(15-04-2014 03:26 PM)nach_in Wrote:  They should be proud, they don't know how hard is to get a degree in gayness. It's a pain in the ass Cool

Hasn't stopped Johnny Weir and several of my close friends from obtaining their PhDs. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?