how do I stop loving someone ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: how do I stop loving someone ?
You don't have much choice Ace. If she isn't into you, she isn't into you. Eventually your feelings soften even if it doesn't seem like they ever will right now. Eventually you will find the one that loves you back and loves you for who you are.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2015, 01:03 PM
(13-10-2015 12:22 PM)Ace Wrote:  I got rejected by the girl I love yet I can't seem to stop being in love with her no matter how hard I try to move on

You can't make someone love you back. I know it hurts to be rejected, but you'll find someone who wants you and loves you just as much as you love and want them. I know it doesn't feel like that now and I am sure now it feels like no one can compare to this girl. But one day, you'll meet someone else who will make you forget all about her. Focus on other activities to keep your mind busy in the meantime. By getting involved in activities that you are interested in, who knows, you might find someone else who reciprocates your love and wants very much to be with you.
13-10-2015, 01:12 PM
(13-10-2015 01:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 12:22 PM)Ace Wrote:  I got rejected by the girl I love yet I can't seem to stop being in love with her no matter how hard I try to move on

You can't make someone love you back. I know it hurts to be rejected, but you'll find someone who wants you and loves you just as much as you love and want them. I know it doesn't feel like that now and I am sure now it feels like no one can compare to this girl. But one day, you'll meet someone else who will make you forget all about her. Focus on other activities to keep your mind busy in the meantime. By getting involved in activities that you are interested in, who knows, you might find someone else who reciprocates your love and wants very much to be with you.

keeping my mind busy doesn't work at all, believe me I tried that
13-10-2015, 01:14 PM
(13-10-2015 01:03 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  You don't have much choice Ace. If she isn't into you, she isn't into you. Eventually your feelings soften even if it doesn't seem like they ever will right now. Eventually you will find the one that loves you back and loves you for who you are.

the rejection wasn't recent, it was almost over a year ago
so this isn't a short term issue
13-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Kill it. Skin it. Make some furniture.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
13-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Rejection is always painful and hard to deal with. If you find your feelings are making your quality of life worse, especially since they've lasted so long, talking to a counselor might help.

If it's hard to stop thinking about her, how about making those thoughts into art or music? Distracting in the best way, since you'll wind up with a piece of work. After a while, you do start thinking about the mechanics of making the song/drawing/poem better and less about the person who inspired it.
13-10-2015, 01:49 PM
(13-10-2015 12:53 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 12:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  Find someone else to love. This is the fastest, most effective way. Unless you want to wait it out.

I don't want to pretend to love someone else just to forget her, it feels to cruel a thing to do to someone

I didn't say to pretend or decieve anyone. Find someone you actually love, that is, move on.
Waiting it out until the pain fades sucks.
13-10-2015, 01:55 PM
(13-10-2015 01:12 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 01:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You can't make someone love you back. I know it hurts to be rejected, but you'll find someone who wants you and loves you just as much as you love and want them. I know it doesn't feel like that now and I am sure now it feels like no one can compare to this girl. But one day, you'll meet someone else who will make you forget all about her. Focus on other activities to keep your mind busy in the meantime. By getting involved in activities that you are interested in, who knows, you might find someone else who reciprocates your love and wants very much to be with you.

keeping my mind busy doesn't work at all, believe me I tried that

It won't fix the problem, but it will keep you productive while time is fixing the problem which might help you avoid the danger of getting stuck where you're at. The only thing worse than being in emotional pain is getting through it only to find that a chunk of your life has passed you by in the process.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
13-10-2015, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2015 02:38 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
The way I've dealt with this sort of thing is that I've realized it comes down to whether I'm going to accept the facts or not. If I do not accept the facts, then I lose my peace of mind and that's not something I want to lose. So, I accept the facts, and I feel comfortable knowing that I've come to acceptance, because the alternative is simply to be miserable, which isn't useful to me whatsoever.
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
13-10-2015, 02:39 PM
(13-10-2015 12:48 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 12:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I wouldn't "love" someone else to get over another person. Thats not fair for the second person.

Take up your everyday life with a new vigor. Time will make it easier.

thats easier said than done

not a single day goes by that don't think of her, even when I'm doing things I enjoy she's always on my mind

When I was in high school, there was this girl. We liked each other and talked on the phone all the time. I was in love with her (as much as sixteen year old me could be (which was a hell of a lot.))

I thought about her every day for two years. Finding someone else that makes you forget about her is good advice. Don't go seeking just any person. Do what these people have said. Art, music, things that interest you. Mainly art and music. If things go well, it will all coincide. Forgetting, meeting someone new, falling again.

One day, you'll look back on yesterday and realize you didn't think of her at all. That's the threshold, I think. After that, you'll begin to think of her more and more sporadically, and eventually your life will be so different that the memories seem to come from a different world. The colors will be a little off, her voice will quietly and slowly become unrecognizable.

Remember, everyone goes through this. And everyone has everyone else tell them that.

yakherder Wrote:The only thing worse than being in emotional pain is getting through it only to find that a chunk of your life has passed you by in the process.

Mainly this.
[+] 1 user Likes wizardofthevoid's post