how do I stop loving someone ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2015, 02:55 PM
RE: how do I stop loving someone ?
(13-10-2015 12:51 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 12:46 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  You can go the movie way, which is wait it out and keep trying, true love wins in the end.

Or

You can be practical and move on.

this all very new to me, even though I truly want to be with her I have no experience in love so I wouldn't how to keep trying

It sounds like she was your first love which is probably why you are still having a hard time letting go. I think you said it's been a year. It's really time to work on letting this go. One way to keep trying and meet someone new is to let the past be in the past. Still holding onto this girl in your mind is not going to open your heart up to the potential of meeting someone new. She's moved on with her life and it's time you did the same. I know it hurts so bad--especially if she was your first love--but you've got to do your best to let the hurt go.

I was watching the movie Hope Floats and I really love the lyrics in this song that was in it by Lila McCann called "To Get Me to You." They kind of helped me while I'm dealing with my own break up.

And I don't regret the rain
Or the nights I felt the pain
Or the tears I had to cry
Some of those times along the way

Every road I had to take
Every time my heart would break
It was just something that I had to get through
To get me to you, get me to you, get me to you

Well I, I still can recall the days
When I had no love around me
Makes me glad for every day I have with you

And I, I look in your eyes and know
I'm right where I belong
And I belong with you
Always belonged with you

The point is you've got to free yourself up to be able to have love around you again. The girl you loved was just a stepping stone on your path of finding the right one for you. She's out there, you just have to let yourself look.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2015, 03:19 PM
(13-10-2015 12:48 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 12:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I wouldn't "love" someone else to get over another person. Thats not fair for the second person.

Take up your everyday life with a new vigor. Time will make it easier.

thats easier said than done

not a single day goes by that don't think of her, even when I'm doing things I enjoy she's always on my mind
Is there a difference between love and infatuation?

If there is no future for you and this girl, perhaps it is beyond your control, then you do need to move on.
There is no shame in morning your loss. Morn rather than to dream and infatuate.
With time you will get over it.

It won't happen over night, but it will happen.
Smile
13-10-2015, 03:32 PM
You can't force yourself to stop loving someone, it will hurt for a while but you can wait it out, I mean that's life you know?

When you love someone else that helps you forget your heartbreak, but as long as you genuinely love that someone else and you're not just trying to get over them - because like Hobbitgirl says that wouldn't be fair on them. And it's also not good for you.

Just be yourself. I don't think time heals all wounds but it can heal wounds Smile

P.S. I am new here, I just posted in the introduction forum. But I've been on AF.org since 2008.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvieTheTurtle's post
13-10-2015, 03:45 PM
(13-10-2015 03:32 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  When you love someone else that helps you forget your heartbreak, but as long as you genuinely love that someone else and you're not just trying to get over them - because like Hobbitgirl says that wouldn't be fair on them. And it's also not good for you.
Yip, I reckon you need to be comfortable in your own skin, comfortable being you rather than "us". Never lose your individuality or ability to be comfortable on your own. The reward is that you will choose to be with someone because you really want to be, rather than a fear of being alone.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
13-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Very well said. I couldn't agree more.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvieTheTurtle's post
13-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Good God people. I don't think I've seen a thread with so many dangling musical allusions. I'd be pissed but the sheer # of them was just too impressive. I think there's a shitload more in there I haven't found. Bravo TTA, bravo. Clap ...fuckers

(13-10-2015 12:48 PM)Ace Wrote:  not a single day goes by that don't think of her, even when I'm doing things I enjoy she's always on my mind

(13-10-2015 12:53 PM)Ace Wrote:  I don't want to pretend to love someone else just to forget her, it feels to cruel a thing to do to someone

(13-10-2015 01:03 PM)IƱigo Wrote:  If she isn't into you, she isn't into you.

(13-10-2015 01:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You can't make someone love you back.

(13-10-2015 01:55 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The only thing worse than being in emotional pain is getting through it only to find that a chunk of your life has passed you by in the process.

(13-10-2015 02:32 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  If I do not accept the facts, then I lose my peace of mind and that's not something I want to lose.

(13-10-2015 02:39 PM)wizardofthevoid Wrote:  After that, you'll begin to think of her more and more sporadically, and eventually your life will be so different that the memories seem to come from a different world.

(13-10-2015 02:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Lila McCann called "To Get Me to You."

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-10-2015, 05:08 PM
(13-10-2015 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Good God people. I don't think I've seen a thread with so many dangling musical allusions. I'd be pissed but the sheer # of them was just too impressive. I think there's a shitload more in there I haven't found. Bravo TTA, bravo. Clap ...[

Oh my gawd, you're awesome! Laugh out loadBowingClap
13-10-2015, 05:16 PM
(13-10-2015 12:48 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 12:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I wouldn't "love" someone else to get over another person. Thats not fair for the second person.

Take up your everyday life with a new vigor. Time will make it easier.

thats easier said than done

not a single day goes by that don't think of her, even when I'm doing things I enjoy she's always on my mind

Every day it will get a tiny bit less. Just takes time.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
13-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Find sometime else.
Imagine she's horrible.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
13-10-2015, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2015 07:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-10-2015 05:40 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Find sometime else.
Imagine she's horrible.

well that was rude of me. retracted.

#sigh