how do i come out as an atheist?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 10:14 PM by Heathen.)
RE: how do i come out as an atheist?
(06-11-2013 04:08 PM)carltheatheist Wrote:  I am a relatively new atheist and i am not sure how to "come out of the closet" about my atheisim! please help![/font]

I think it's universally good advice to say; Go slow. Take your time and get used to the idea for yourself. Get comfortable with it. Honestly, bite your tongue for a while. There's no rush to proclaim it to the world and when you do, choose people who you think can handle it and be accepting of it. You may need some support. Choose the time, place and how you will approach it carefully before you move on to those who won't be so accepting of the idea.

Think of it his way; gay people don't choose their boss or father to "come out" to first. They don't announce it over the school PA system. And in a lot of places being gay is accepted more readily than being an atheist.

[disclaimer] Don't bitch about my analogy. I hope people get the point I was attempting to make. If you have a problem with it, PM me. Please don't hijack this persons thread. Thank you.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply