how do you make ends meet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: how do you make ends meet?
I work in a machine shop putting inventory away. It barely pays the bills and is a dead-end job. However, I'm also attending night school and the Navy is paying for all of it through the GI Bill. The bill also gives me a Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH for short). I take home about $1,300 a month from my job and the GI Bill gives me a check for $1,350 per month, plus the occasional school book allowance which is $250 every time a new semester starts.

Military service was definitely worth it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jojorumbles's post
05-09-2014, 07:43 PM
I keep track of the money going in an out for a small business (about 250 employees) that does lab tests and we have techs that travel around and draw blood and collect other stuff and a team of traveling X-Ray and ultrasound techs. It's my job to make sure all the employees and all the bills get paid.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-09-2014, 07:43 PM
(05-09-2014 07:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ya don't getz to do da codez no moar? Shocking

I duz notz. Weeping

But I'm still the best debugger in the organization. So they still come to me when they can't figure out what they fucking did wrong.

Guess it's Mr. Girlyman now. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-09-2014, 07:44 PM
(05-09-2014 07:35 PM)jojorumbles Wrote:  However, I'm also attending night school and the Navy is paying for all of it through the GI Bill.

Navy was berry berry good to Girly.

#sigh
05-09-2014, 07:44 PM
(05-09-2014 07:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I keep track of the money going in an out for a small business (about 250 employees) that does lab tests and we have techs that travel around and draw blood and collect other stuff and a team of traveling X-Ray and ultrasound techs. It's my job to make sure all the employees and all the bills get paid.

Do you need a degree for that?
05-09-2014, 07:45 PM
(05-09-2014 07:44 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 07:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I keep track of the money going in an out for a small business (about 250 employees) that does lab tests and we have techs that travel around and draw blood and collect other stuff and a team of traveling X-Ray and ultrasound techs. It's my job to make sure all the employees and all the bills get paid.

Do you need a degree for that?

Have done that kind of work for years, didn't have a degree till this past May.

05-09-2014, 07:50 PM
(05-09-2014 07:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 07:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I duz notz. Weeping

But I'm still the best debugger in the organization. So they still come to me when they can't figure out what they fucking did wrong.

Guess it's Mr. Girlyman now. Undecided

It's intolerable. I ain't gonna last long.

#sigh
05-09-2014, 07:50 PM
(05-09-2014 07:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 07:44 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Do you need a degree for that?

Have done that kind of work for years, didn't have a degree till this past May.

I've changed my mind about you. it seems like you are a warrior. Your Mother was abusive towards you even in her last years, yet you were independent , self-sufficient, provided for multiple children while going to school and working fulltime while going to school and just recently got a degree? Wow! Correct me if I'm wrong.
05-09-2014, 07:51 PM
Is that even possible? Making ends meet...... They can *meet*???

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
05-09-2014, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 08:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-09-2014 07:50 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  I've changed my mind about you. it seems like you are a warrior.

If you would've stopped right there, WickedCock, it would've been a decent post. Instead you made it creepy.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post