how has tge bible evolved?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2015, 05:24 PM
how has tge bible evolved?
I was thinking how we evoloved from understanding the female body and we as a society don't consider women uncleading when they are on their periods.

So that got me to thinking how much more is in the bible that is comparable to evololution of how society thinks now comparened to then that can be proven?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: how has tge bible evolved?
Slavery. The lowest hanging fruit. It's never condemned, its actually condoned, and it goes into great detail on who you can have as a slave vs. servant and how to treat them.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
12-05-2015, 07:17 PM
It seems the church (especially the vatican) has a very backhanded, begrudging way of finally accepting facts.
When they do, it's like they want you to think it was their idea the whole time.
They're quite the progressives that bunch!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-05-2015, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 11:48 PM by Reltzik.)
Slavery.

Also, slavery.

... okay, fine, what else.

Polygamy.

... fricking monarchy! What does it mean to call Jesus King of Kings in a nation (United States) that has vehemently rejected kings for over two centuries?

Also, in that same nation, which also rejects aristocracy, what does it mean to say Jesus is Lord, or to talk about the Lord God, or Adam being given lordship over all the beasts? We don't have no stinking lords!

Late addition: Buying wives from their fathers.

Later additions: War crimes. Genocide, rape of female civilians, massacres of civilians at large, theft of civilian property, mutiliation and massacre of a defeated enemy... all of this would be outrageous today, but is celebrated in the Bible.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
13-05-2015, 01:10 AM
2000 years of editing and 30,000 different variations.
I'd say there has been some evolution going on there.

We've outlawed many of the practices sanctioned in the bible

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
13-05-2015, 05:30 AM
(12-05-2015 05:24 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I was thinking how we evoloved from understanding the female body and we as a society don't consider women uncleading when they are on their periods.

So that got me to thinking how much more is in the bible that is comparable to evololution of how society thinks now comparened to then that can be proven?

The whole obey the Sabbath or die -not so much.

The whole do not use the Lord's name in vain- no so much.

The whole thou shalt not have any other gods before me- not so much.

In fact we actually put protection of speech and freedom of religion in the American constitution. Glad they didn't codify the ten commandments into it.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
13-05-2015, 05:37 AM
"The Bible" is a re-write of a re-write of a re-write - of a mash up of a bunch of letters, diatribes and general loonieness (see Revelations).

If it's "inspired by God" as some claim -- then this God person must have a hard time making up his mind about stuff.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-05-2015, 05:55 AM
(12-05-2015 05:24 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I was thinking how we evoloved from understanding the female body and we as a society don't consider women uncleading when they are on their periods.

I don't really know what Evo love of the female body entails... But I think I want some of that.

Meanwhile...

Don't go getting any tattoos; don't eat lobster and ... oh yeah! Fucking SLAVERY!

(again).

Also, don't wash your hands at meal times cos that's just so old law.

Dodgy

13-05-2015, 06:04 AM
I'm wanting to compare things that we once thought to be truth and socially acceptable in the bible that we won't do today. Make sense ?
13-05-2015, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2015 03:57 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Well, as you all know Jebus was quite the "fashionista". That's the reason why he, hanging on the cross, looked out at the crowd of fashion idiots and said "Oh Father, forgive them, they know not what they do". And it's why he could take it no longer, and promptly died for their fashion sins :
Deuteronomy 22:11 "Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together".

He was reportedly partial to the Calvin Klein Polo floor-length seamless in a white. Peter hated it. It's why Peter wouldn't even admit he knew him, (even though when he asked "Do you think this makes my butt look big ?", Peter would always tell him "No". Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post