"...how light manipulates matter on the atomic scale has never been possible"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: "...how light manipulates matter on the atomic scale has never been possible"
(04-09-2012 05:50 PM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 11:10 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I don't have maths to go with this, but pretty sure light is manipulating matter on an atomic scale here.
Drinking Beverage

[Image: 613.jpg]

kind of stupid easy to see, until you realize, that it wasnt max planck that guestimated the energy of mass.

cuz there is no entropy to an element, especially knowing that element is energy itself.

According to this you are wrong.

[Image: 220px-Max_Planck_1933.jpg]

http://www.chemteam.info/Chem-History/Pl...-1901.html

PS. Planck told me to tell you, you are wrong.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2012, 06:20 PM
RE: "...how light manipulates matter on the atomic scale has never been possible"
I'm curious, does bishadi just randomly spout "science" and then has a party trolling us as we attempt to discuss what he says or is he sincere and is just that dumb?

I'm just beginning to delve into the harder side of science so I'm not that informed l, but it seems like bishadi just brings in random stuff that has no relevance to the current discussion.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
04-09-2012, 06:22 PM
(04-09-2012 06:20 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  I'm curious, does bishadi just randomly spout "science" and then has a party trolling us as we attempt to discuss what he says or is he sincere and is just that dumb?

I'm just beginning to delve into the harder side of science so I'm not that informed l, but it seems like bishadi just brings in random stuff that has no relevance to the current discussion.

Just remember to quote Planck in everything, and then you can be correct like bishadi is.

Or at least that's how he plays this game.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
04-09-2012, 06:24 PM
^the hell is plank (bow in awe of my ignorance)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

04-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Planck is this guy ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
04-09-2012, 06:27 PM
(04-09-2012 06:24 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  ^the hell is plank (bow in awe of my ignorance)

Max Planck - was a German theoretical physicist who originated quantum theory, which won him the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1918.

-Baron d'Holbach-
04-09-2012, 06:32 PM
ok so I know who plank is now. How the hell does he have anything to do with this thread? He did lightbulbs, but there was nothing in the article about him looking into light manipulating atoms.

04-09-2012, 06:35 PM
(04-09-2012 06:32 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  ok so I know who plank is now. How the hell does he have anything to do with this thread? He did lightbulbs, but there was nothing in the article about him looking into light manipulating atoms.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid163307

It's Bishadi's favorite guy

-Baron d'Holbach-
05-09-2012, 12:43 AM
When I strike it rich I think I'm gonna have my own cheese cellar or where ever they keep cheese.
Don't like wine so I guess cheese is the next best fancy thing.
Consider

What's that cheese with the white mold on the outside?
That stuff is good.

Wanna know another good cheese, smoked.
What ya can do is go out fishing in the morning, catch a nice 4lbs kahawai ("Sea trout" found only around New Zealand, bets tasting fish in the world). Great thing about the Kahawai is they're tasty as hell, they're pretty common (where I live it's either Kahawai, gurnard, Red Cod or if you're lucky a Kingfish. Oh and sometimes baracuda. (all off the wharf where I fish).) but also if you're got a nice little rod like mine they're put up a bloody good fight so they're fun to catch. I mean you just don't get that with Gurnard, catch a Gurnard and it's like reeling in a giant stick.
Anyway, you go out on your big fancy yacht, you catch your 4lbs Kahwai, then you bring it back and have the Mexican slav.. err, Mexican 'housekeeper' throw it in the smoker with some fancy cheese.
Then you go out and shoot clawbirds with your shotgun and talk to the local mafia godfather about business while you wait for it to be smoked.

This is what I imagine my life will be like when I strike it rich. Smartass

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]