how long have you been sober?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 09:54 AM
how long have you been sober?
when was the last time you altered your mind? if you want to alter your mind stick with exercise, hiking, sex, skydiving, meditation, hobbies, good food, breathing excercises, yoga, or whatever it is that you do.

(Last night sadly I was wasted and my Dad and a good friend called and knew it. I made it two months without drinking and threw it away and know that they are hurt by that. )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 09:56 AM
RE: how long have you been sober?
What the hell kind of facility are you in that you are able to do whatever you please?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
06-09-2014, 10:01 AM
(06-09-2014 09:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  What the hell kind of facility are you in that you are able to do whatever you please?

The made up kind.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-09-2014, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 10:52 AM by Wicked Clown.)
we're not supposed to but if we leave the premise to party we're not going to get kicked out unless it becomes like something we're doing a lot.

I usually come here to TTA when I'm getting strong cravings to do bad things and you ladies and gents distract the mind and keep me out of trouble. this is by far the most lax facility I've been to in the sense that we have more freedom here than any other place .
06-09-2014, 10:04 AM
I assume my tax dollars are paying for this. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

06-09-2014, 10:05 AM
(06-09-2014 10:02 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  we're not supposed to but if we leave the premise to party we're not going to get kicked out unless it becomes like something we're doing.

I usually come here to TTA when I'm getting strong cravings to do bad things and you ladies and gents distract the mind and keep me out of trouble. this is by far the most lax facility I've been to in the sense that we have more freedom here than any other place .

Sounds like a real waste of time and money. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-09-2014, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 10:10 AM by Wicked Clown.)
(06-09-2014 10:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 09:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  What the hell kind of facility are you in that you are able to do whatever you please?

The made up kind.
I can prove I'm in an IRTS facility in St Paul. that isn't difficult. you can simply call here and tell them you're my relative and ask if I'm a resident in a treatment center. Piece of cake! ask if its the guy that owns tarantulas and makes YouTube videos.
06-09-2014, 10:09 AM
(06-09-2014 10:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I assume my tax dollars are paying for this. Dodgy
your tax payers dollars also pay for wars that launched Tomahawk missile that cost a million dollars apiece and bring home thousands of people with PTSD and debilitating injuries that have to be treated for the rest of their life .

what I cost is a drop in the bucket. Or a drop in the ocean rather. I really want to find work though and would rather die than just milk the government all my life. just last spring I did have a job.

so how long have you all been sober?
06-09-2014, 10:19 AM
You do realize this isn't an AA or an NA site, right?

06-09-2014, 10:19 AM
About 4 months until last night. Had 4 beers last night, so one for each month. Not exactly a mind altering night I must say, but that's that.

Nevermind, I take meds the Dr. gives me daily so I suppose I'm always doping up the brain.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.