how to use the bible agaisnt itself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: how to use the bible agaisnt itself
(02-03-2016 08:46 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 08:23 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It also says there is a tree on a hill that can be seen from all around the earth, do you know the context of that line? Lecture_preist

Actually, no. I don't. No

It's in Nebuchadnezzar's dream in the book of Daniel.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
06-03-2016, 07:52 PM
(29-02-2016 01:36 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 08:58 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Jewish people do not abhor this because of the Christian implications. We abhor this because it’s wrong and we believe that changing the bible to suit your purposes is both theologically, morally, and intellectually dishonest.

The Hebrew word is used elsewhere for young woman, or variously, virgin. Yes, scholars, Jewish, Christian and secular debate whether Isaiah 7:14 is virgin or young woman.

I have to correct you on this. Christian scholars dispute the meaning of the word “almah.” Jewish scholars do not. Contact any Jewish scholar with a proper traditional Jewish education (who is not also a Christian), and you will find a 100% consensus that the word means young woman. It does not and cannot imply sexual status.

If you find a proper Jewish scholar who feels the word means virgin, please put me in contact with that person. I will actually listen, and seriously reconsider my position on this matter.

(29-02-2016 01:36 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3. Miriam and Yoseph would have had a blessing ceremony over wine, yes, then Yoseph would have gone traditionally to his father's house to build a house for his bride, and when the father deemed it ready, would have brought his bride home, yes. This ceremony of betrothal is a beautiful picture of what Y'shua did in the Last Supper--it too was an engagement. And yes, woe to him or her if the bride was not a virgin at wedding time! Yes. I already wrote that Yoseph was wanting to quietly have a get rather than make Miriam ashamed. Yes. If you slow down a bit and read what I write, you will understand all.

The question here isn’t whether or not Joseph was a mensch; clearly, he was a mensch.

The question on the table was whether or not Jesus was Davidic. According to the New Testament, he was not.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
06-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Aliza Wrote:  The question here isn’t whether or not Joseph was a mensch; clearly, he was a mensch.

I wanna be a mensch.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-03-2016, 08:14 PM
(06-03-2016 08:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
Aliza Wrote:  The question here isn’t whether or not Joseph was a mensch; clearly, he was a mensch.

I wanna be a mensch.

What are you talking about, B-b? You're the menschiest of the mensches. (As if you didn't already know!)
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
07-03-2016, 02:22 AM
Quote:You're the menschiest of the mensches

Please stop abusing my language. My ears/eyes are bleeding already. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
07-03-2016, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 11:18 AM by Aliza.)
(07-03-2016 02:22 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
Quote:You're the menschiest of the mensches

Please stop abusing my language. My ears/eyes are bleeding already. Laugh out load

In the Yiddish sense, not the German sense. Cool
07-03-2016, 11:58 AM
(29-02-2016 01:36 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  2. The Tanakh says God's favor is with David, not like it was from Saul, I remember that. Do you have a chapter and verse I can look up re: Solomon and favor, and Solomon and "carrying the throne"? And if you do not, are you open to the truth claims of the Tanakh regarding its divine nature? Do you believe the Tanakh is the Word of G_d or...?

I apologize for my delay in responding to this question. In post 83, 107 and 138 of this thread, I addressed the blood relationship from David to Solomon and to the future messiah. It’s not even just a blood relationship. The seed has to have actually come from David’s body, so G-d cannot just infuse a baby with Davidic DNA.

Maybe I don’t understand the question correctly, but I think I’ve answered this already in these three posts. If the following links are not addressing your question, please try to restate it so I can take another stab at answering it.

Post 83
In the top portion of my reply, I provide scriptural support to show that the line of the messiah will come from David’s body, down through Solomon and then to the future messiah.

Post 107
Basically a partial repeat from post 83, in my comments about 1 Chronicles 22 (the man of peace), I discuss the link between Solomon and the future messiah.

Post 138
The word used here in the Hebrew is “zera” and this means physical, biological children. The line will physically pass down from David, to Solomon and ultimately to the messiah.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post