how to use the bible agaisnt itself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: how to use the bible agaisnt itself
(25-01-2016 02:13 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 05:09 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I can help you with some of this. The focus of my studies is disproving the so-called messiahship of Jesus by showing disqualifying text from the Hebrew bible (old testament). Once that guy is out of the way, the credibility of the NT's statements about worshipping him under threat of eternal damnation start to lose some of their punch.

Edit: I'm trying to find a list of failed prophecies and contradictions between Jesus and the predicted view of the messiah as found in the "OT". There's a lot of information out there, I'm just having difficulty finding anything that's packaged up nice and neat for you for you to browse through.

I see. And the Jewish Messiah is/will be whom?

My best bet would be David Ben-Gurion if it has to be someone. If not, some dude in the future, but this will be decided by the Jewish people in general. The Messiah is their leader, thus they will choose him (or her). Can the Messiah be a women or are they automatically ruled out?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
29-01-2016, 08:34 PM
http://bibviz.com/

and that's just the contradictions.
31-01-2016, 01:46 PM
(17-01-2016 07:21 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I've been trying to find a link or something that points out verses that can be used in debate. I'd like to find things that I can use that the bible says this. Thank so much

You want this:

http://www.amazon.com/Every-Hindu-Should...1505873428

Richard Carrier helped the author write the book.
03-02-2016, 09:37 AM
(29-01-2016 08:34 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  http://bibviz.com/

Yikes. The very first top, left contradiction is saying it's a scientific impossibility for a certain vision of a creature or an actual certain creature to appear in another dimension, in Heaven. No wonder Christians find atheists "in the box" regarding not only the supernatural but scientific and logical possibilities.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2016, 11:37 AM
(03-02-2016 09:37 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 08:34 PM)Bear100 Wrote:  http://bibviz.com/

Yikes. The very first top, left contradiction is saying it's a scientific impossibility for a certain vision of a creature or an actual certain creature to appear in another dimension, in Heaven. No wonder Christians find atheists "in the box" regarding not only the supernatural but scientific and logical possibilities.

Don't go digging any deeper in that site. You might find an actual contradiction that you can't so easily dismiss. You and Alpha Male both are really good at picking out the first contradiction on the site that you can dismiss, while ignoring the other several hundred.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
03-02-2016, 01:23 PM
I think the best way is to just drop it.

Bibles are so thick they're bound to damage their own self in the fall.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-02-2016, 02:44 PM
(03-02-2016 11:37 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 09:37 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yikes. The very first top, left contradiction is saying it's a scientific impossibility for a certain vision of a creature or an actual certain creature to appear in another dimension, in Heaven. No wonder Christians find atheists "in the box" regarding not only the supernatural but scientific and logical possibilities.

Don't go digging any deeper in that site. You might find an actual contradiction that you can't so easily dismiss. You and Alpha Male both are really good at picking out the first contradiction on the site that you can dismiss, while ignoring the other several hundred.

...And? How many thousands of posts here describe the atheist's rejection of the 66 books of the Bible by posting the first contradiction they've seen online--not having bothered to investigate further by posing questions to the "contradiction"? I looked at the first one and tested the assumptions via questioning the hypothesis.

You are attempting to shift the burden of proof, of course. The very first post was a contradiction when I investigated that site and if you have a favorite one from that site, pick... and post... I'll shred.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
03-02-2016, 02:49 PM
(03-02-2016 02:44 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 11:37 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Don't go digging any deeper in that site. You might find an actual contradiction that you can't so easily dismiss. You and Alpha Male both are really good at picking out the first contradiction on the site that you can dismiss, while ignoring the other several hundred.

...And? How many thousands of posts here describe the atheist's rejection of the 66 books of the Bible by posting the first contradiction they've seen online--not having bothered to investigate further by posing questions to the "contradiction"? I looked at the first one and tested the assumptions via questioning the hypothesis.

You are attempting to shift the burden of proof, of course. The very first post was a contradiction when I investigated that site and if you have a favorite one from that site, pick... and post... I'll shred.

You didn't shred the first one. It is labelled a scientific absurdity and so it is.
There is no evidence of the existence of 'heaven' nor of dragons, let alone seven-headed ones.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-02-2016, 01:04 PM
(03-02-2016 02:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 02:44 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ...And? How many thousands of posts here describe the atheist's rejection of the 66 books of the Bible by posting the first contradiction they've seen online--not having bothered to investigate further by posing questions to the "contradiction"? I looked at the first one and tested the assumptions via questioning the hypothesis.

You didn't shred the first one. It is labelled a scientific absurdity and so it is.
There is no evidence of the existence of 'heaven' nor of dragons, let alone seven-headed ones.

Well--is that your favorite, then? Of course, I didn't ask you.

I know you know enough about Earth's past to understand that 99% of species are no longer with us and that new discoveries are made all the time. I know you know enough about physics and the universe and cosmology to know that up to 11 dimensions are postulated to exist...

04-02-2016, 02:39 PM
(04-02-2016 01:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 02:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  You didn't shred the first one. It is labelled a scientific absurdity and so it is.

Well--is that your favorite, then? Of course, I didn't ask you.

Favorite? Why would I have a favorite? What would having a favorite have to do with falsifying the claim you made regarding that particular absurdity?
Try to stay on track, sonny.

Quote:I know you know enough about Earth's past to understand that 99% of species are no longer with us and that new discoveries are made all the time. I know you know enough about physics and the universe and cosmology to know that up to 11 dimensions are postulated to exist...

I know enough to see that there is no evidence of 'other dimensions' in the sense you are trying to force. In string theory, those dimensions are tightly curled and not accessible.

There is no evidence of anything even remotely like seven-headed dragons, so you are whistling in the wind, sonny.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]