how was the Indo-Pak war of 1971 portrayed in the western world ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: how was the Indo-Pak war of 1971 portrayed in the western world ?
(28-08-2014 11:42 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 01:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Our government found a secret that most authoritarian countries would never suspect. By not limiting any information it makes it so the public is so overwhelmed by all there is to know they naturally ignore most things that do not directly affect them unless their attention is directed there. Censorship by glut rather than retraction.

Is it really different anywhere else? People only give a shit about our politics because our politics tend to have impacts on the rest of the world. I don't think anybody who didn't have a stake in the India-Pakistan war cared much. I have to admit, most of what I know about the war I learned from watching "Gandhi" Shy .

Why am I not surprised that most of what you know about history comes from movies?

Paleoliberal • Cultural Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Canadian Republican • Equity Feminist

Happily Divorced from the Left
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2014, 09:36 PM
(29-08-2014 09:27 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 11:42 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Is it really different anywhere else? People only give a shit about our politics because our politics tend to have impacts on the rest of the world. I don't think anybody who didn't have a stake in the India-Pakistan war cared much. I have to admit, most of what I know about the war I learned from watching "Gandhi" Shy .

Why am I not surprised that most of what you know about history comes from movies?

Yes, because not being intimately informed about a war between India and Pakistan that happened more than 30 years ago means he has no knowledge of any history ever.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-08-2014, 09:38 PM
(29-08-2014 09:27 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 11:42 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Is it really different anywhere else? People only give a shit about our politics because our politics tend to have impacts on the rest of the world. I don't think anybody who didn't have a stake in the India-Pakistan war cared much. I have to admit, most of what I know about the war I learned from watching "Gandhi" Shy .

Pretty flaccid attempt at a completely unwarranted and inappropriate insult. Seeing as how I am not 17, not an idiot, and do have a formal education, I am pretty comfortable admitting my shortcomings.

oh wait, feminist immigrant nazi rape conspiracy. How silly of me.
[+] 3 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post