how would you reply to a christian who says following:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2014, 03:36 PM
how would you reply to a christian who says following:
after seeing the attachment (attached hopefully) with couple of christians saying Amen, an atheist said:
"take a second and take off those well intentioned rose tinted spectacles, as l understand things are good to great on our side. But just tell ur post to more than 9 million innocent children, who before reaching 5, die per year, ~17 per minute, from "natural" causes, thats a 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami tragedy, (killed over 230K ppl in 14 countries), every 9-10 days, but killing only innocent children under 5, many of their parents and family religious, praying for lessening of pain, agony, suffering and mercy on their child, prayers not answered. Sam Harris says either yaweh is either "impotent. or uncaring" or only live in your imagination, like all the other gods, l'd say. H-A-LE D O W N the loo YAH, AMEN!
>9mill innocent children dieing per yr, before reaching 5 from natural diseases is just for starters, btw"

to which the christian replies, " As far as I understand and believed, the world is so sinful thats why natural disaster happens! Innocent child died because there are humans that are rebellious and their heart is like a stone,and the MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THEY DON'T HAVE GOD IN THEIR LIVES!
GOD allow this thing to happen because God wants us to be sorry for our sins, and live a Godly life!"

any suggestions how to reply to this christian?

thanks for help Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Ruby's post
11-09-2014, 03:48 PM
RE: how would you reply to a christian who says following:
You mean aside from, "That sounds like made up bullshit. Prove it." ??

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
11-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Sometimes there isn't a reply.

Just Facepalm

Welcome to our community.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-09-2014, 03:54 PM
(11-09-2014 03:36 PM)Ruby Wrote:  after seeing the attachment (attached hopefully) with couple of christians saying Amen, an atheist said:
"take a second and take off those well intentioned rose tinted spectacles, as l understand things are good to great on our side. But just tell ur post to more than 9 million innocent children, who before reaching 5, die per year, ~17 per minute, from "natural" causes, thats a 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami tragedy, (killed over 230K ppl in 14 countries), every 9-10 days, but killing only innocent children under 5, many of their parents and family religious, praying for lessening of pain, agony, suffering and mercy on their child, prayers not answered. Sam Harris says either yaweh is either "impotent. or uncaring" or only live in your imagination, like all the other gods, l'd say. H-A-LE D O W N the loo YAH, AMEN!
>9mill innocent children dieing per yr, before reaching 5 from natural diseases is just for starters, btw"

to which the christian replies, " As far as I understand and believed, the world is so sinful thats why natural disaster happens! Innocent child died because there are humans that are rebellious and their heart is like a stone,and the MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THEY DON'T HAVE GOD IN THEIR LIVES!
GOD allow this thing to happen because God wants us to be sorry for our sins, and live a Godly life!"

thanks for help Smile

If it were me I would say this:

Really? So millions of children starve to death because god is upset that too many humans don't worship him...and you think this alleged god is worth worshipping?

Basically, you are saying God requires mankind to obey and live a life of perpetual obedience. This endless cycle of perpetual intellectual and spiritual slavery upon birth, where you continuously strive to bow and scrape in deference to your alleged creator’s self-centered will and ego, is hardly what a thinking person would presume a deity of such universe and life creating power, would be so obsessed with. What kind of immature supreme being would create all of this, create life, destroy life, send part of his own “body” down in the form of a man through immaculate conception, so he can die on our behalf to satisfy God’s egocentric requirement for sacrifice....to himself? I don’t purport to understand the consciousness of this alleged magical creature, but it is hard to conceive such childish, disingenuous manipulation of life for the entertainment of itself. This dramatic, over thought, contrite, anthropocentric theory must be the creation of man’s imagination. How could it be anything else?

In summary, this complex, dramatic Christian theological concept is obviously a fabrication of much thought, and introspective philosophy. Perhaps the early christians could have put all that time and effort into something more constructive. Creating a subservient, subjugative crutch for people with low mental resilience, apparent inability to use reason and logic to comprehend the world around them, and wild imaginations seems unnecessary. In my opinion, religion and faith block the believer’s ability to utilize appropriate epistemological methods to process and gain knowledge.

Smartass

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 11 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
11-09-2014, 04:06 PM
The children haven't done anything. This is the basic equivilant of bombing preschools all over the world because serial killers exist and then justifying it with "Of course we had to do that; there is EVIL IN THIS WORLD!". It's just contributing to the evil.

And then adding in the fact that the guy stresses obedience means it's more like bombing preschools all over the world because teens sometimes sneak out of the house to go to parties.

Punishing the person who actually committed the "wrong" act with a proportionate punishment instead of people completely disconnected with the highest punishment possible is not a new concept. You'd think it would have spread to God by now.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 5 users Like CleverUsername's post
11-09-2014, 04:32 PM
(11-09-2014 03:54 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 03:36 PM)Ruby Wrote:  after seeing the attachment (attached hopefully) with couple of christians saying Amen, an atheist said:

thanks for help Smile

If it were me I would say this:

Really? So millions of children starve to death because god is upset that too many humans don't worship him...and you think this alleged god is worth worshipping?

Basically, you are saying God requires mankind to obey and live a life of perpetual obedience. This endless cycle of perpetual intellectual and spiritual slavery upon birth, where you continuously strive to bow and scrape in deference to your alleged creator’s self-centered will and ego, is hardly what a thinking person would presume a deity of such universe and life creating power, would be so obsessed with. What kind of immature supreme being would create all of this, create life, destroy life, send part of his own “body” down in the form of a man through immaculate conception, so he can die on our behalf to satisfy God’s egocentric requirement for sacrifice....to himself? I don’t purport to understand the consciousness of this alleged magical creature, but it is hard to conceive such childish, disingenuous manipulation of life for the entertainment of itself. This dramatic, over thought, contrite, anthropocentric theory must be the creation of man’s imagination. How could it be anything else?

In summary, this complex, dramatic Christian theological concept is obviously a fabrication of much thought, and introspective philosophy. Perhaps the early christians could have put all that time and effort into something more constructive. Creating a subservient, subjugative crutch for people with low mental resilience, apparent inability to use reason and logic to comprehend the world around them, and wild imaginations seems unnecessary. In my opinion, religion and faith block the believer’s ability to utilize appropriate epistemological methods to process and gain knowledge.

Smartass

Good answer. To sum it up, ask them why they want to worship a god that kills children for the crimes of their parents. Ask them how they would handle it if they were god. Then when they give the canned "mysterious ways" tripe, tell them that you agree it is mysterious, that you are incapable of reconciling your understanding of reality with god, and it is precisely because you incapable of understanding it that you reject it.
[+] 4 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
11-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Well, for starters I think Henry Lee Lucas was full of shit, and I'm tired of people that think his body count was 600. Secondly, I'm Captain Basch! Don't believe Ondore's lies.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
11-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Quote:GOD allow this thing to happen because God wants us to be sorry for our sins, and live a Godly life!"

I usually go with something like "Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass."

But that's probably just me.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
11-09-2014, 07:18 PM
You reply...

"If you believe this is just, fair, and the work of a loving, benevolent being... You are either evil, deluded, or in denial."

Elaborate as desired.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
11-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Lemme break this down for you a bit and just like with my 10 commandments I posted. I will use my brand spanking new Chisel to break this Christian comment into micro dust with my words of power. I will answer it just like I would if I was the one whom responded to it.

(11-09-2014 03:36 PM)Ruby Wrote:  to which the christian replies, " As far as I understand and believed, the world is so sinful thats why natural disaster happens!

I would not normally comment on such a statement, because it is the kind of argument from ignorance. We know 100% about what goes on in an earthquake or a flood. We have known for much longer than your grandparents have been alive.

If you are trying to say that it requires a god in order for clouds to form, you are in desperate need for a good science class. Pick a god damn book and stop being stupid, or at least do some minor research, so that you may know what actually causes natural disasters and how they form including the very first initial trigger that sets their first parts into motion. We already know this and most people around the world are well aware of how natural disasters form. You should be too. Shame on you for that.

Quote: Innocent child died because there are humans that are rebellious and their heart is like a stone,and the MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THEY DON'T HAVE GOD IN THEIR LIVES!

So, rather then punish the actual people the very moment the commit the sin like an actual omnipotent and omniscient god would. Your, so called god ( who does not exist btw ), Decided to punish people OTHER than the actual person themselves?!

OH! and btw, while I am at it so you cannot try to read your scripture or special plead your way out of having to refute my statement I just made. Because I know in that psychopathic, idiotic mind of yours that you already just have...just like...right now you have already done so, Let me give you an example to make it more personal. Let's say that you were to read in the news paper that a judge was convicting a felon of murder to the death penalty. BUT, instead, the judge walks outside and shoots a random toddler with her mother in the head with a gun. Walks back in the court room and excuses the criminal and tells him he can go back to his home now.

That is exactly what you are trying to insinuate that your so called, infallible, all knowing, all "loving" god does and you use special pleading in that retard, psychopathic, moronic, brainwashed, delusional, pathetic, childish, selfish, close minded, monstrous mind of yours to make yourself believe that it is still OK and a good thing that has happened and your so called god is still all good and infallible for doing so. No judge of any caliber of any mind or power has the right to punish a completely innocent person for the crimes of the crime commit-er, Anyone who tries to argue this is immoral and a monster !

Quote:GOD allow this thing to happen because God wants us to be sorry for our sins, and live a Godly life!"

Again, this belongs to the above, but I will single it out with a slightly different answer in case your Christian mind cannot cope with the realization of truth that I just laid down onto you.

You are contradicting yourself. A moment ago, you just said God MADE these things happen and now you are trying to saw that he ALLOWED them to happen? So which is it? Does he do it himself? Or does he just sit ideally by while it happens on its own like what we atheists and what science has taught us that it does without anyone or anything guiding it or setting it into motion in any way?

Make up your god damn mind would you? Allowed or caused?

Quote:any suggestions how to reply to this christian?

thanks for help Smile

Look to the above. That is all.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post