howdy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2013, 06:06 PM
howdy
Hi everyone. I have been an atheist a few months before my holy communion which took place on April 1st of 2001. I find that hilarious for some reason. My parents wanted me to stick with it until then and I wouldn't have to go back to Sunday school. Still had to go to church for a while after that but yeah I was just glad they only went on holidays. I still held on to a few mystical stuff such as ghosts and such, also flirted with telekinesis. .oh wow I feel a bit embarrassed by that now. Is there a word for that? Someone who doesn't believe in anything supernatural? I am totally that right now. Glad I found this place not many atheist where I am. Small towns and all. 7 churches within a 2 mile radius ugh.. yeah.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2013, 06:12 PM
RE: howdy
(19-09-2013 06:06 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Hi everyone. I have been an atheist a few months before my holy communion which took place on April 1st of 2001. I find that hilarious for some reason. My parents wanted me to stick with it until then and I wouldn't have to go back to Sunday school. Still had to go to church for a while after that but yeah I was just glad they only went on holidays. I still held on to a few mystical stuff such as ghosts and such, also flirted with telekinesis. .oh wow I feel a bit embarrassed by that now. Is there a word for that? Someone who doesn't believe in anything supernatural? I am totally that right now. Glad I found this place not many atheist where I am. Small towns and all. 7 churches within a 2 mile radius ugh.. yeah.

Welcome. You may be materialist, naturalist, and/or realist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Nice to meet you.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
19-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume