i am second

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 09:56 PM
i am second
Just started seeing this on Facebook http://www.iamsecond.com

Looks like the new WWJD movement. Hold tight I think you'll be seeing this a lot. The first one I saw was Scott Hamilton. As far as I can tell the doctors saved him twice and he gives all the credit to God.

I give the religious kudos though, they sure do get the message out.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: i am second
(10-02-2012 09:56 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Just started seeing this on Facebook http://www.iamsecond.com

Looks like the new WWJD movement. Hold tight I think you'll be seeing this a lot. The first one I saw was Scott Hamilton. As far as I can tell the doctors saved him twice and he gives all the credit to God.

I give the religious kudos though, they sure do get the message out.

Suckered me in..."Well who is 1st?" Dammit, fell for the oldest trick in the book..."Why Jesus is first, of course!" Rolleyes

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm One.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
10-02-2012, 10:59 PM
There were I am second billboards all over Dallas a few months ago.. I haven't seen them lately tho.. Fuckers.. we need some of those atheist billboards I've read about in California.. although I'm not sure "conservative TX" would be happy about it.. **sigh**

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
10-02-2012, 11:07 PM
If I'm second, I guess the ranking goes something like this:

1. God
2. Me
3. Everyone else

Only slightly arrogant! Big Grin
10-02-2012, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 11:31 PM by Thomas.)
I assume Scott Hamilton did NOT receive modern medical treatment for his cancer?
Actually he went through traditional chemo.

From his website:http://www.caring4cancer.com/go/community/stories/scott-hamilton-a-champion-who-cares.htm

"Thanks to his candor about his diagnosis, they began to know him as a cancer survivor, too, and to see how the same attitude that propelled him to championships also helped him get through the rigors of treatment and recovery."
No mention of god here?

"After the diagnosis, he recalls, he faced two challenges: learning as much as he could about his condition, and figuring out how he was going to get through the chemotherapy—not just physically, but “emotionally and mentally,” to use his words."
No mention of god here either?

"....founding in 1999 of the Scott Hamilton CARES Initiative (Cancer Alliance for Research, Education, and Survivorship), a thriving partnership with the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center. Scott CARES focuses on patient education, mentoring, and fund raising for research"
Shouldn't he be focusing on prayer groups for the cure instead of wasting his time with mere mortal doctors?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
10-02-2012, 11:29 PM
So I wonder how well it would have worked in god's favor without the doctors there to save his life. Yep, must have been god.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
10-02-2012, 11:34 PM
(10-02-2012 11:29 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So I wonder how well it would have worked in god's favor without the doctors there to save his life. Yep, must have been god.

I wonder also if god told him to start this cancer clinic so that money could be raised for humans to find a cure for cancer?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
10-02-2012, 11:37 PM
(10-02-2012 11:07 PM)Ben Wrote:  If I'm second, I guess the ranking goes something like this:

1. God
2. Me
3. Everyone else

Only slightly arrogant! Big Grin

Good Point! However, I have to admit that I am one of the most selfish people that I know. I neively assume that all people feel this way. It is definitely something I am working on. I am always in awe when I meet truely selflish people. I have friends that just blow my minds with how out of the way they go to help other people, including what they've done for me. It is very humbling to say the least.
So I guess my question would be... Is being selfish also being arrogant? Because the thought process of a selfish person whether they like it or not.. generally always goes to themselves first.. right? And that would in my mind entail being first in my life.. or like you said in this case.. 2nd above all others.. which is kind of ridiculous..hmmmmm

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
10-02-2012, 11:42 PM
(10-02-2012 11:34 PM)Thomas Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 11:29 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So I wonder how well it would have worked in god's favor without the doctors there to save his life. Yep, must have been god.

I wonder also if god told him to start this cancer clinic so that money could be raised for humans to find a cure for cancer?

If god cured his cancer then why would we need a cure for cancer? Why is one human being more important than so many others who were believers who fell to cancer? Why does he get to be special and they get to die?
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post