i am second

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: i am second
Quote:If god cured his cancer then why would we need a cure for cancer? Why is one human being more important than so many others who were believers who fell to cancer? Why does he get to be special and they get to die?

-- should we say fuck god for the disease .. or thank god for the cure..

egg.... chicken.. chicken.. egg.. egg.. chicken... none of it makes sense

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like k37713's post
10-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Chalk down another reason I don't believe.
11-02-2012, 12:00 AM
(10-02-2012 11:49 PM)k37713 Wrote:  -- should we say fuck god for the disease .. or thank god for the cure..

God didn't make the cancer, he just made the carcinogenic chemicals the causes it and released them into our atmosphere.

Intelligent designer or terrorist?

It’s hard to say. He seems so nice in his autobiography.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
11-02-2012, 07:55 AM
(10-02-2012 11:37 PM)k37713 Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 11:07 PM)Ben Wrote:  If I'm second, I guess the ranking goes something like this:

1. God
2. Me
3. Everyone else

Only slightly arrogant! Big Grin

Good Point! However, I have to admit that I am one of the most selfish people that I know. I neively assume that all people feel this way. It is definitely something I am working on. I am always in awe when I meet truely selflish people. I have friends that just blow my minds with how out of the way they go to help other people, including what they've done for me. It is very humbling to say the least.
So I guess my question would be... Is being selfish also being arrogant? Because the thought process of a selfish person whether they like it or not.. generally always goes to themselves first.. right? And that would in my mind entail being first in my life.. or like you said in this case.. 2nd above all others.. which is kind of ridiculous..hmmmmm

I think there's a difference. Arrogance is thinking you're superior to everyone else, selfishness is just putting your own needs first. Arrogance can certainly lead to selfishness but they're different things.
11-02-2012, 09:09 AM
(10-02-2012 11:42 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 11:34 PM)Thomas Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 11:29 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So I wonder how well it would have worked in god's favor without the doctors there to save his life. Yep, must have been god.

I wonder also if god told him to start this cancer clinic so that money could be raised for humans to find a cure for cancer?

If god cured his cancer then why would we need a cure for cancer? Why is one human being more important than so many others who were believers who fell to cancer? Why does he get to be special and they get to die?

Of course God must have had more for him to do. Perhaps be his messenger so that many more could be saved. Have you forgotten that we can't possibly know God's will. You're silly

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
11-02-2012, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 10:27 AM by Jeff.)
(10-02-2012 09:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Suckered me in..."Well who is 1st?" Dammit, fell for the oldest trick in the book..."Why Jesus is first, of course!" Rolleyes

Yes Jeezus is first but clearly Scott Hamilton is second. The rest of us line up beginning at third. You're all first after me.

(10-02-2012 11:49 PM)k37713 Wrote:  egg.... chicken.. chicken.. egg.. egg.. chicken... none of it makes sense

By definition, only a chicken can lay a chicken egg, so the chicken had to have come first. That first chicken was one mutation away from its mother, which was not a chicken and layed a non-chicken egg. Age old paradox resolved through the science of evolution.
11-02-2012, 11:02 AM
(11-02-2012 10:19 AM)Jeff Wrote:  By definition, only a chicken can lay a chicken egg, so the chicken had to have come first. That first chicken was one mutation away from its mother, which was not a chicken and layed a non-chicken egg. Age old paradox resolved through the science of evolution.

Agreed.
But the question is usually posed "Which came first? The Chicken or the Egg?"
It does not specifically state the Chicken Egg.
When it is phrased like that, the evolutionary answer is the Egg came before the Chicken. Just havin' fun. Smile

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2012, 02:26 PM
(11-02-2012 11:02 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  But the question is usually posed "Which came first? The Chicken or the Egg?"
When it is phrased like that, the evolutionary answer is the Egg came before the Chicken. Just havin' fun. Smile

Fair enough, but if you keep taking it back evolution-wise, there was some creature that layed the first thing qualifying as an egg. That creature was born in a one-degree-softer-than-an-egg thing, so again the creature preceded its egg.
11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Why not just take it back all the way and state that the amoeba was formed in it's fully adult form and seperated itself over billions of years towards the invention of eggs. Eggs don't predate sexual organisms, and plenty of organisms existed before they actually had to join with each other. Especially if we're talking only partial joining.

Scott hamilton is an excellent figure skater but he is nowhere close to #2 I'm willing to bet something went wrong during his treatment. He seems a bit delusional.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
11-02-2012, 04:04 PM
(11-02-2012 02:26 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 11:02 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  But the question is usually posed "Which came first? The Chicken or the Egg?"

Fair enough, but if you keep taking it back evolution-wise, there was some creature that layed the first thing qualifying as an egg. That creature was born in a one-degree-softer-than-an-egg thing, so again the creature preceded its egg.

Depends how you define chicken egg.

If you define it as an egg laid by a chicken, then the chicken came first.

If you define it as an egg from which a chicken hatches, then the egg came first.