i freaked out a BIT today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2016, 10:15 PM
i freaked out a BIT today
first off here are some things my old preacher used to teach us about.. every. single. sunday. morning. and night.
-the mark of the beast will be those little chips you can only place in your hand or forehead
-obama was part of gods plan
-when obama didnt work out, hillary is now part of gods plan. she will become president and that will set in motion the rise of the antichrist
-earthquakes.. nuff said
-hurricanes and tornado's..
-fema is going to put everyone in camps like prisoners
-medicine isnt to help you, its to make you worse and to commit crimes.
-the antichrist is here now and hes working behind the scenes somewhere over in europe. (he even posted a post on facebook with this man that no one knew where he came from or what exactly his role was in the government.. preacher though he found the antichrist)

due to the crazy teachings of my preacher being BRANDED into my brain i had a wonderful panic attack today.
i was sitting outside on my porch and i noticed a plane flying around.. pretty large plane at that. then i noticed another one. at the time there was a large cloud and it seemed like they were just going around it until i noticed the circles they were making. shortly after 2 planes became 5 planes. 5 big planes just circling the area. immediately i though "oh my god the government is here to blow us up" yall probably think im crazy but i cant help it. i nearly lost my shit because these 5 planes were just cruising around.. never mind the fact that we are like 2 hours roughly from 2 airports.. the Atlanta ga one and the Birmingham al one. forget the fact that there could have been some delays, oh no.. i was for sure going to die.
then i was like nah im not going to die.. YET. my brain just kept going on and on.. due to my preachers teachings i right away related this weird occurrence to the end of the world and a government take over.
jdog told me to call the police if it bothered me that much i told him "no i dont want to be crazy" knowing damn well i had already hopped on that ship and sailed far far away.
it took about 2 hours to come down off that but whatever. sitting here now i know how silly i was being but at the same time i know ill freak out over anything. and at the moment there is nothing i can do about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: i freaked out a BIT today
Hug
01-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Thanks Smile
01-09-2016, 10:42 PM
Y'welcome.

Smile

All I can be is an electronic shoulder on the other side of the screen.

I've been emotionally curb stomped once.

A friend on the other side of the world (Over there, actually) answered my panicked electronic shout.

We got you luv.

Hug
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
01-09-2016, 10:46 PM
(01-09-2016 10:42 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Y'welcome.

Smile

All I can be is an electronic shoulder on the other side of the screen.

I've been emotionally curb stomped once.

A friend on the other side of the world (Over there, actually) answered my panicked electronic shout.

We got you luv.

Hug

I know you guys do. You're really the only people who know the full extent of what I'm dealing with because I know some of you have been there. I really appreciate you guys.
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
01-09-2016, 10:53 PM
I found it amusing to read what you wrote because I came from the same religious tradition, with the "mark of the beast" and all the associated End Times™ fearmongering... but the names you put in there (Obama, Hillary) weren't an issue 30 years ago when I was in that world, and they were selling the same story, so it struck me as hilarious to see that they just keep updating the "IT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE! LOOK!!" story every time the last set of prophecies-of-doom fail to pan out.

*sigh*

I don't mean to make light of your emotional scarring. I simply find it amusing that they haven't even updated their playbook, just the names they've filled in on the blanks, like some Apocalyptics MadLibs™ workbook.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-09-2016, 11:13 PM
(01-09-2016 10:53 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I found it amusing to read what you wrote because I came from the same religious tradition, with the "mark of the beast" and all the associated End Times™ fearmongering... but the names you put in there (Obama, Hillary) weren't an issue 30 years ago when I was in that world, and they were selling the same story, so it struck me as hilarious to see that they just keep updating the "IT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE! LOOK!!" story every time the last set of prophecies-of-doom fail to pan out.

*sigh*

I don't mean to make light of your emotional scarring. I simply find it amusing that they haven't even updated their playbook, just the names they've filled in on the blanks, like some Apocalyptics MadLibs™ workbook.

Actually this is good. It makes me feel better.
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
01-09-2016, 11:18 PM
Quote:it took about 2 hours to come down off that but whatever. sitting here now i know how silly i was being but at the same time i know ill freak out over anything. and at the moment there is nothing i can do about it.

Jewel, do you have a way to go talk to someone, a counselor or something? I'm really worried about you...I've had my own brand of problems, but I can't imagine what it must be like to have that level of fear and paranoia welling up inside you. It certainly can't be healthy.
Of course, I don't have the best opinion of psychology either, but it seems like maybe someone willing to just listen who has a bag of psychological tricks to help get past these things might not be the worst idea.

Regardless, keep reminding yourself that you are the victim of lunatics with an agenda, and that you will be able to overcome this stuff. 'Cause you will.

Hug
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
01-09-2016, 11:22 PM
(01-09-2016 11:18 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:it took about 2 hours to come down off that but whatever. sitting here now i know how silly i was being but at the same time i know ill freak out over anything. and at the moment there is nothing i can do about it.

Jewel, do you have a way to go talk to someone, a counselor or something? I'm really worried about you...I've had my own brand of problems, but I can't imagine what it must be like to have that level of fear and paranoia welling up inside you. It certainly can't be healthy.
Of course, I don't have the best opinion of psychology either, but it seems like maybe someone willing to just listen who has a bag of psychological tricks to help get past these things might not be the worst idea.

Regardless, keep reminding yourself that you are the victim of lunatics with an agenda, and that you will be able to overcome this stuff. 'Cause you will.

Hug

I can't do anything until I find a job. I really would like to talk to a professional.. But I just can't afford it right now.
I try really hard to remind myself it's from years of brainwashing but the fear just hits so suddenly. But I try.
01-09-2016, 11:56 PM
Hug