i freaked out a BIT today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2016, 12:03 AM
RE: i freaked out a BIT today
What kind of planes were they? That might help explain what was happening.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-09-2016, 01:42 AM
(01-09-2016 10:15 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  [...] I noticed a plane flying around.. pretty large plane at that. then i noticed another one. at the time there was a large cloud and it seemed like they were just going around it until i noticed the circles they were making. shortly after 2 planes became 5 planes. 5 big planes just circling the area. immediately i though "oh my god the government is here to blow us up" yall probably think im crazy but i cant help it.

Nope Jewel; not 'crazy' at all. Part of my depression/anxiety disorder includes a state of mind known as "hypervigilance"—which is an enhanced state of sensory sensitivity, accompanied by an exaggerated intensity of behaviours whose purpose is to detect threats. Hypervigilance is often characterised by increased physical and psychological arousal. Physically, the person may sweat, their heart rate increases, and breathing may become shallow and rapid, and in some cases it can be extreme enough for the person to become almost entirely preoccupied with scanning their environment for potential threats.

Please note that this specific condition as I describe it may not apply to you at all—it needs a trained clinician to diagnose it. I just wanted to reassure you that your experience with these planes, and your interpretation of their purpose wasn't totally out of order. In fact, it would've immediately put me "on guard" too.

I take alprazolam for my anxiety, but I wouldn't recommend it for everybody as it can be extremely addictive in susceptible individuals. Plus many MDs are reluctant to prescribe it and/or will refuse to prescribe it.

—Hang in there. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
02-09-2016, 04:58 AM
(02-09-2016 12:03 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  What kind of planes were they? That might help explain what was happening.

you know.. im not sure what KIND but lets see.. they appeared to be black or a dark color from underneath.. uh the nose? it was long.. its weird but the tail looked a bit bent. but otherwise thats all i can think of
02-09-2016, 05:00 AM
(02-09-2016 01:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(01-09-2016 10:15 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  [...] I noticed a plane flying around.. pretty large plane at that. then i noticed another one. at the time there was a large cloud and it seemed like they were just going around it until i noticed the circles they were making. shortly after 2 planes became 5 planes. 5 big planes just circling the area. immediately i though "oh my god the government is here to blow us up" yall probably think im crazy but i cant help it.

Nope Jewel; not 'crazy' at all. Part of my depression/anxiety disorder includes a state of mind known as "hypervigilance"—which is an enhanced state of sensory sensitivity, accompanied by an exaggerated intensity of behaviours whose purpose is to detect threats. Hypervigilance is often characterised by increased physical and psychological arousal. Physically, the person may sweat, their heart rate increases, and breathing may become shallow and rapid, and in some cases it can be extreme enough for the person to become almost entirely preoccupied with scanning their environment for potential threats.

Please note that this specific condition as I describe it may not apply to you at all—it needs a trained clinician to diagnose it. I just wanted to reassure you that your experience with these planes, and your interpretation of their purpose wasn't totally out of order. In fact, it would've immediately put me "on guard" too.

I take alprazolam for my anxiety, but I wouldn't recommend it for everybody as it can be extremely addictive in susceptible individuals. Plus many MDs are reluctant to prescribe it and/or will refuse to prescribe it.

—Hang in there. Smile

good to know im not crazy lol.
i just.. when things like this happen i become obsessed with waiting it out. i will shake and panic the whole time but i sat outside for over an hour watching these planes. the only time i went inside was to take dinner out of the over. then i went back outside.
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
02-09-2016, 07:30 AM
Quote:I can't do anything until I find a job. I really would like to talk to a professional.. But I just can't afford it right now.
I try really hard to remind myself it's from years of brainwashing but the fear just hits so suddenly. But I try.

Well, until then you have friends and fellow atheists! I think everyone here has your back, we can all relate on some level. Just keep reminding yourself that they are the problem, not you. I think you are doing quite well considering everything.

Everyone keeps reassuring you that you aren't crazy, but I didn't even realize that was an option. Smile I am absolutely certain of that fact, you are more sane than much of the population. I think it's a little like escaping the Matrix, lol...it's a rough transition but the only other choice is a life of lies and intentional ignorance. You chose the correct pill.
Thumbsup
02-09-2016, 07:34 AM
As for the aircraft, your description doesn't help me much, all I can think of is a firefighting scenario (what are called "slurry bombers", planes that drop fire retardant on a fire) or perhaps just some sort of accident that required ATC to place them in holding pattern briefly. It isn't the type of thing they would do if they were up to something nefarious- they would want to avoid attracting attention.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
02-09-2016, 12:07 PM
(02-09-2016 04:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 12:03 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  What kind of planes were they? That might help explain what was happening.

you know.. im not sure what KIND but lets see.. they appeared to be black or a dark color from underneath.. uh the nose? it was long.. its weird but the tail looked a bit bent. but otherwise thats all i can think of

My point being, if you know the type, that could perhaps help explain the activity. Have you looked online trying to identify them?
02-09-2016, 01:12 PM
(02-09-2016 12:07 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 04:58 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  you know.. im not sure what KIND but lets see.. they appeared to be black or a dark color from underneath.. uh the nose? it was long.. its weird but the tail looked a bit bent. but otherwise thats all i can think of

My point being, if you know the type, that could perhaps help explain the activity. Have you looked online trying to identify them?

i tried but didnt really see any that looked the same
02-09-2016, 07:18 PM
(01-09-2016 10:46 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I know you guys do. You're really the only people who know the full extent of what I'm dealing with because I know some of you have been there. I really appreciate you guys.

I sometimes feel like I cheated by not going through some of these horrors.

Your preacher sounds like an utter conspiracy nutjob. He's taken a tinfoil hat and painted a cross on it. Raising children in that sort of environment should be grounds for being sent to a particularly nasty type of prison.

As others have suggested, you'll likely need to see a professional to get your head debugged. Until then, you need to exercize your Second Ammendment rights! Arm yourself against the coming apocraplypse!

[Image: Marshmallow-Gun.jpg]

The silly might help keep the panick at bay. Remember to make the >Peew< >Peew< noises as you try and bring down the Government Doom Planes. Also they're great fun at parties and even better when the evangelicals come knocking. Be sure to make >Peew< >Peew< noises for them too so they won't feel left out.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
02-09-2016, 10:45 PM
If the government wanted to spy on you, they have many more efficient and cost-effective methods.