i got my sister and her husband thinking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2015, 09:40 PM
i got my sister and her husband thinking
I went over to see my sister she owes me money and she did my nails for some of it since she went to school to be a nail tech. So anyway we all got to talking and I explained the facts about the bible and quoted the bible as well. All the evil parts. And they both said they wanted to do research for themselves. It went very well and they agreed with me on lots of points. Brother in law told me to send him some links. So he is genuinely interested. So excited. All I wanted was for them to think for themselves.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 17 users Like purpledaisies's post
02-07-2015, 07:21 AM
RE: i got my sister and her husband thinking
(01-07-2015 09:40 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I went over to see my sister she owes me money and she did my nails for some of it since she went to school to be a nail tech. So anyway we all got to talking and I explained the facts about the bible and quoted the bible as well. All the evil parts. And they both said they wanted to do research for themselves. It went very well and they agreed with me on lots of points. Brother in law told me to send him some links. So he is genuinely interested. So excited. All I wanted was for them to think for themselves.

Are you versed on apologetics? If not, read about them as that is coming.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
02-07-2015, 03:53 PM
(02-07-2015 07:21 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 09:40 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I went over to see my sister she owes me money and she did my nails for some of it since she went to school to be a nail tech. So anyway we all got to talking and I explained the facts about the bible and quoted the bible as well. All the evil parts. And they both said they wanted to do research for themselves. It went very well and they agreed with me on lots of points. Brother in law told me to send him some links. So he is genuinely interested. So excited. All I wanted was for them to think for themselves.

Are you versed on apologetics? If not, read about them as that is coming.

Please explain.
02-07-2015, 04:43 PM
(02-07-2015 03:53 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 07:21 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Are you versed on apologetics? If not, read about them as that is coming.

Please explain.

To quote Lucy Liu from Kill Bill: Did you really think it was going to be that easy?

Most people have a very, very hard time deconverting. They have had a life time of indoctrination.
They will have questions.
[+] 3 users Like RogueWarrior's post
02-07-2015, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2015 05:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
I don't dick around with my friends and family when it comes to religion. "Wait. Are you telling me that we survive our own death? Tell me how the fuck you think that's even possible let alone tenable. Come back when you're ready to talk like a grownup Mom." No talk of religion required. No arguing about the Bible. It's not about religion, it's about childish metaphysics. No friends or family lost. Just some very strange looks. Strange looks don't bother Bob. And they've never raised the topic again. I mean the fuck they gonna say?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-07-2015, 05:15 PM
(02-07-2015 04:43 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 03:53 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Please explain.

To quote Lucy Liu from Kill Bill: Did you really think it was going to be that easy?

Most people have a very, very hard time deconverting. They have had a life time of indoctrination.
They will have questions.

Actually I do with them I do. But I'll always be there for them if they need anything. And I'll be talking to them more about this too. Thanks though.
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
03-07-2015, 04:59 AM
Good luck. Just make sure you cover your arse by knowing the bible.

A bit of history helps too. Do you know anything about St Bartholomew's day, for example?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-07-2015, 05:18 AM
I've always considered arguing the finer points of the "bible" with the devout about as productive as debating a teenage boy of who would kick who's ass -- Batman or Superman.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-07-2015, 05:23 AM
(03-07-2015 05:18 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've always considered arguing the finer points of the "bible" with the devout about as productive as debating a teenage boy of who would kick who's ass -- Batman or Superman.

It can be done. I have done it. My brain sadly is not what it was. Hopefully the youth can carry on...

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-07-2015, 06:24 AM
(03-07-2015 04:59 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Good luck. Just make sure you cover your arse by knowing the bible.

A bit of history helps too. Do you know anything about St Bartholomew's day, for example?

I do know the bible. Thank you for the link I'll be reading that. And they aren't devout anything. They just have an underling belief in god. So I've been working on them to get fade it out.