i have a confession

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2015, 09:35 PM
i have a confession
I'm a stripper. Yes I am. Anyway everyone knows except my husbands mom. I feel as though I'm not me around her even though she is a wonderful lady. She is religious and we don't know how she will react.
I've known this woman since I was 19. I am close to her except this one thing. I want to tell her but afraid that she will be upset and our relationship will never be the same.
My husband doesn't want to tell her which is another reason I haven't said anything.
Guess I needed to just get it off my chest
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2015, 09:44 PM
RE: i have a confession
I'll need photgraphic evidence to substantiate that claim. Wink
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
17-05-2015, 09:55 PM
(17-05-2015 09:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  I'll need photgraphic evidence to substantiate that claim. Wink

Haha I know you game already. I love the way you think though lol
[+] 4 users Like purpledaisies's post
17-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Is your husband ashamed of you and what you do for a living? Sounds like you need to discuss that with him.

If you like what you do and you are contributing to the household income, it's not the mom in law's business.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-05-2015, 10:26 PM
A shame. It's hard when you have to feel dishonest in in that way. I guess one have to weigh for and against in such situations. Some lies are acceptable though so I guess you could work on accepting the lie as necessary. (>_<)
17-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Ask her if her religion tells her to judge everyone, or to love everyone. Jesus never judged anyone and constantly forgave prostitutes, as well as others. Judgement is not the right of the individual and if she cares about you then this confession of yours to her can only draw you closer, especially if she appreciates how fearful your are of making it. Who knows, maybe she will have something of her own to open up about. But if your not proud enough of what you do and how you conduct yourself when you do it, then maybe it's time to look for a new job.
17-05-2015, 10:54 PM
(17-05-2015 10:15 PM)kim Wrote:  Is your husband ashamed of you and what you do for a living? Sounds like you need to discuss that with him.

If you like what you do and you are contributing to the household income, it's not the mom in law's business.

No not ashamed of me or what I do. I think its more of her being disappointed and that its another reason we need god.
He hasn't even told her we are atheists.
17-05-2015, 11:01 PM
(17-05-2015 10:54 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 10:15 PM)kim Wrote:  Is your husband ashamed of you and what you do for a living? Sounds like you need to discuss that with him.

No not ashamed of me or what I do. I think its more of her being disappointed and that its another reason we need god.

Maybe it's better if some people are on a need-to-know basis. Would telling her be an improvement to the situation?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
17-05-2015, 11:17 PM
(17-05-2015 10:54 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  

Ah, I see. Though it's not really important that any inlaw know your business, you don't want to have to walk on eggshells around her, either.

Sooner or later, she'll find out. If not from you then, from someone else. Most likely someone from her church.

Before she has a chance to be "disappointed", show her what a wonderful, confident, and responsible couple you both are. Then, it's up to her to either respect you (as you have her) or be judgemental.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
17-05-2015, 11:30 PM
You have got to weigh up the guilt you feel versus the consequences of her finding out. What does she think you do?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post