i have an influence!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2015, 09:27 PM
i have an influence!
I've been active in my research on religion, my husband told me the other day that because of my research he's been rethinking that there is no god! Yay!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like purpledaisies's post
07-04-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: i have an influence!
No god?!?

Ask him to prove it. Smile

08-04-2015, 01:59 AM
I've converted one fellow human. Felt like I'd freed them! If we all could just convert one. Then they converted one. And then they....... Wow! No more war. No more terrorist. Think what it could be! A world full of rational people!
08-04-2015, 02:44 AM
(08-04-2015 01:59 AM)Toney Wrote:  I've converted one fellow human. Felt like I'd freed them! If we all could just convert one. Then they converted one. And then they....... Wow! No more war. No more terrorist. Think what it could be! A world full of rational people!

I'm afraid to end war it takes much more than abolishing theism...

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
08-04-2015, 04:58 AM
(07-04-2015 09:27 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I've been active in my research on religion, my husband told me the other day that because of my research he's been rethinking that there is no god! Yay!

That's great! Which god is he denying, Allah, Jesus?
08-04-2015, 10:51 AM
(08-04-2015 01:59 AM)Toney Wrote:  I've converted one fellow human. Felt like I'd freed them! If we all could just convert one. Then they converted one. And then they....... Wow! No more war. No more terrorist. Think what it could be! A world full of rational people!

They would, regrettably, be rational only about the single topic of gods. This leaves them to be entirely irrational about everything else. We are so very good at being irrational.
[+] 1 user Likes OddGamer's post
08-04-2015, 12:24 PM
(08-04-2015 04:58 AM)Mage The Entertainer Wrote:  
(07-04-2015 09:27 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I've been active in my research on religion, my husband told me the other day that because of my research he's been rethinking that there is no god! Yay!

That's great! Which god is he denying, Allah, Jesus?

"In my hometown everyone is Lutheran. Even the atheists are Lutheran. It is a Lutheran God, in which they do not believe." -- Garrison Keillor

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-04-2015, 02:45 PM
(08-04-2015 10:51 AM)OddGamer Wrote:  They would, regrettably, be rational only about the single topic of gods. This leaves them to be entirely irrational about everything else. We are so very good at being irrational.

Very well put. We can get into fights because my favourite sports team wears a red shirt and your's wears a blue shirt.