i need Anxiety help :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2011, 09:32 PM
RE: i need Anxiety help :(
(10-11-2011 09:13 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Sy,

we may be getting into `derail`territory here, so I started a new thread to discuss it:

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...bis-Thread

Thank you very much I appreciate it.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2011, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 07:25 AM by Filox.)
To tell you the truth, the only time I feel anxiety is when I'm alone in the dark stoned. So yeah, no, weed is not good for anxiety. Can be good for depression, but only if taken in company of others. But talking with someone is much better solution in both cases. Pills should be the last solution, as they are the worst poison for your body, specially addictive substances like benzos... The best cure is for you to understand yourself. Know what makes your anxiety stronger or weaker, try to find what makes you happy. Experiment without taking any substances, try to experiment with things like walking by the beach, running, playing football, doing yoga, try Karate, drive a bike, try all sorts of things until you find something that makes you happy and then stick to it, joint some club and start training. I would suggest Aikido and free-climbing. Both require good body coordination and calm mind, so they are both a bit like meditating while sweating. Aikido is disciplining yourself, free climbing is enjoying the nature and trying to conquer it.

And maybe the most important thing is to force yourself. If you know that you like something, but you are afraid or ashamed, or anything like that, so you do not want to go the club to start training, or you hold yourself back, you need to force yourself to break the ice. That means to make your minds stronger, your will stronger, you must be in control of your body and mind, because it is your body and your mind. If you think something will help you then do it, without thinking what other people will think of you, without fear that you will fail, go, head on, straight through the wall. NOT LITERALLY THROUGH THE WALL, this was a metaphor. Smile Practice and training is what makes us strong, our mind need more practice than our body, specially if have some disadvantage like you do. Now go out and socialize.

Dr. Filox has spoken.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
14-11-2011, 09:29 AM

I am in treatment for anxiety too...I am also a regular cannabis user and have to agree with most the previous comments: weed can make your anxiety worse.

I don't take benzos, so when I have physical symptoms of anxiety it can be difficult to cope. Make sure you are in a safe place. If you are not safe anywhere, go to the emergency room, or have a friend come to sit with you. I have found wrapping myself tightly in a blanket can help contain my anxious symptoms.

Finding the root of your anxiety is also a good suggestion. Whether it's unpaid bills, appointments, unresolved work or family issues, try to pinpoint what is making you anxious. Then find a way to address it.

Self-talk and deep breathing can also help. If you can't find a cause for your anxiety, tell yourself you can ride it out. Anxiety makes you feel you're dying or the world is going to end; odds are, neither of these things is true.

Again, if your anxiety is so bad that you can't talk yourself through it, and it continues to worsen, go to the hospital. The most important thing is to keep yourself safe.

Hope this helps.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lysabarry's post
14-11-2011, 10:21 AM
(10-11-2011 11:06 AM)bemore Wrote:  Have a break from smoking weed.

It actually helps relieve it
14-11-2011, 11:59 AM
(14-11-2011 07:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  And maybe the most important thing is to force yourself. If you know that you like something, but you are afraid or ashamed, or anything like that, so you do not want to go the club to start training, or you hold yourself back, you need to force yourself to break the ice. That means to make your minds stronger, your will stronger, you must be in control of your body and mind, because it is your body and your mind. If you think something will help you then do it, without thinking what other people will think of you, without fear that you will fail, go, head on, straight through the wall. NOT LITERALLY THROUGH THE WALL, this was a metaphor. Smile Practice and training is what makes us strong, our mind need more practice than our body, specially if have some disadvantage like you do. Now go out and socialize.

Dr. Filox has spoken.

Smile

This is an excellent suggestion! I have some depression and anxiety problems and it's very easy to just start cutting from your life all the things that cause you anxiety, thinking that will make your life easier, but I have found that just leads to isolation. You keep shrinking your life until you are barely living it, let alone enjoying it. I found I had much better results forcing myself into the situations I was avoiding, and learning to deal with them in a sane and balanced way. Doesn't work all the time, but improves things overall.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
15-11-2011, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 06:39 AM by Filox.)
I have come to various conclusion regarding mental health of humans by self-testing and self-medicating myself. I do not recommend this to ANYONE, but I can give you my advices based on my experience, so that something good comes from all that. As I have said (many, many times), I like to experiment with different hallucinogens and test myself that way. What I have developed during those years is immunity to "bad-trips". I can not have a bad trip no matter how much and what I take, I am completely immune to it. Why and how? Easy, I keep repeating one sentence: "This is all because of LSD". So nothing bad can happen to me, because I am aware that is happening to me because I have taken something. So if I see something bad, or feel, or have some dark thoughts, or want to do something stupid, I just remind myself how I am delusional at the moment because of some substance I have taken. That way it all looks funny to me, it's all drugs talking to me, and everything is fine after it.

Similar thing can be applied to people having mental difficulties (if I can call it like that) like depression or anxiety. When you start feeling bad, just remind yourself that is not normal, that is not you, remind yourself that is the unbalanced chemistry in your brain, that it is not real. That feeling you have is not real, it's just temporary disorder. So just ignore it and try to do something normal, like mow your lawn, take a walk, play some music, but do not let yourself fall under the influence of these fake feelings and fears. Keep that in mind, and every time you feel like doing something stupid, or just feel really down, remind yourself why is that and then ignore it and proceed with your day in a normal fashion.

I know that this is very hard, it's not easy to feel one thing and do the opposite, but practice makes it perfect. I you are aware of the problem, if you have acknowledged that problem, if you are asking for help, that means you are already half way there to recovery, now just keep it up. Test yourself, train yourself, but do it without the chemistry, you already have enough chemistry in your brain, you do not need it to show you the other side, like I did. Last thing you want to do is experiment with some pills or drugs. Even weed is not the best solution for depression and anxiety, and I consider weed to be the ultimate cure. Smile Keep yourself occupied, do some sports, at least run around the block if nothing else comes to mind, and force yourself to do something when your anxiety kicks in, that is when you have to be strongest.

You need to get your body/brain chemistry back to balance and introducing any new chemistry (like weed) can actually make thing worse, because you are putting new chemistry into "the pot with already bad mix". Start eating as healthy as you can, normal hours of sleep time, no staying awake after midnight, get up earlier in morning and do something physical, physical training makes your body sweat, sweating eliminates toxins, hard workout helps you balance your body. It is all connected, if you go to sleep every day at 3 AM, your body reacts in abnormal way, because that is not your normal biological time to go to sleep. If you eat only fast-food, you lack the normal, natural nutrients for your body to function normally. Of course, if you start all this today, don't expect things to change over night, it takes time for your body to start the cleansing, so be patient and stay persistent. If you break the routine, you will be reset back to the beginning, so you need to push yourself everyday, no exceptions. Write this down, put it near your bed, so everyday when you wake up, you can remind yourself what is it you have to do that day and why.

Have a safe training and good luck.

God Bless You.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
15-11-2011, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 04:47 AM by Thammuz.)
[Image: wolfman-03.gif]

Don't worry, just give me a kisssssss!

I am evil, I know Tongue

edit: first gif was unavailable

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
20-11-2011, 04:48 PM
(15-11-2011 07:24 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  [Image: 450swyu45yu3.gif]

No ma'am, I'd rather not have a blow job, but thankyou very much for your kind and generous offer. ... I'm gonna go now ... okay?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-11-2011, 08:11 PM
(20-11-2011 04:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-11-2011 07:24 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  [Image: 450swyu45yu3.gif]

No ma'am, I'd rather not have a blow job, but thankyou very much for your kind and generous offer. ... I'm gonna go now ... okay?

If girly dont want it I will have it.......just put this bag on your head Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
21-11-2011, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 08:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-11-2011 08:11 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(20-11-2011 04:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No ma'am, I'd rather not have a blow job, but thankyou very much for your kind and generous offer. ... I'm gonna go now ... okay?

If girly dont want it I will have it.......just put this bag on your head Smile

Might want to add some dental jams (or 6) to that bag brother. Wink ... The eye sockets look benign and inviting enough, but still ... those fangs would be up close and personal with my fellas.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.