i need Anxiety help :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2012, 04:35 AM
RE: i need Anxiety help :(
It is difficult to say how to cure your problem without knowing the cause. I had suffered from it as well, until I just said fuck it, the world is screwed up and I will be who I want to be. No apologies and no guilt. I no longer care at all what others think. You need to identify exactly what is causing those feelings and talk to someone about that. I believe medications can do many things, howver cure anxiety and many other mental problems no. The best it can do is hide the symptoms.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Kava kava is an herbal supplement that helps me out.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
18-08-2012, 08:52 PM
You might find this surprising at first, but study Zen Buddhism. Seriously, man... I have been dealing with a situational anxiety disorder all my life and it helps a lot in many situations. If you want to know more, I can elaborate.

Just a quick question: is there a specific reason why you are trying to battle anxiety with no help from medication?

[Image: pudalo15fa2.png]

Blog.
[+] 1 user Likes PeacefulSkeptic's post
18-08-2012, 11:14 PM
(18-08-2012 08:52 PM)PeacefulSkeptic Wrote:  You might find this surprising at first, but study Zen Buddhism.

There are many here familiar with zazen.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Very gently dissecting what is actually worrying you might help.

As for public speaking; if sweating and palpitations take place, there is an exercise known as paradoxical intention. You will your heart to beat faster, and to sweat more profusely, and the body tends to do the opposite.

This method was devised by a psychiatrist (forget his name) while in a concentration camp.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
(02-09-2012 06:48 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Very gently dissecting what is actually worrying you might help.

As for public speaking; if sweating and palpitations take place, there is an exercise known as paradoxical intention. You will your heart to beat faster, and to sweat more profusely, and the body tends to do the opposite.

This method was devised by a psychiatrist (forget his name) while in a concentration camp.

It sounded somewhat familiar and my curiosity got the better of me so... looked it up. Very interesting... Thanks for sparking my brain Woofy. Smile
Quote:Paradoxical intention is a treatment approach in psychotherapy conceived by Victor Frankl, a famous Austrian neurologist who survived incarceration in Nazi concentration camps during World War II and went on to become a world-renowned psychiatrist. Frankl's approach to overcoming neurotic thought or habits is to suggest that the patient experiencing such conditions immerse himself or herself in the source of the fear. By confronting it directly on a conscious level, it is believed that the neurotic habit can be more easily seen and avoided in the future.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-paradoxi...ention.htm

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.