if you're an atheist, ask me all your questions post

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2014, 07:50 PM
RE: if you're an atheist, ask me all your questions post
I forgot: How come the Egyptians didn't bother to keep any records about that time they were beset by a bunch of terrible plagues, forced to give up their slaves, and had their first borns, including the Pharaoh's, killed?

Are unicorns real or not?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like CleverUsername's post
08-12-2014, 07:51 PM
who wrote these parts of the bible?

[Image: imagejpg1_zpsbae18e0c.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 7 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
08-12-2014, 07:52 PM
(08-12-2014 07:10 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Consider

What is it that makes allah so akbar?

IDK. What makes allah akbar enough that someone thinks blowing themselves and several others to tiny bits is OK ?

The second mouse gets the cheese.
08-12-2014, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014 09:06 PM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
Do you believe in hell? How is any infinite punishment be justified for a finite crime?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
08-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Tell him I would love to meet him here for a civil debate, and teach him many things he doesn't know about his "faith."

Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
08-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Given Quantum Physics, in particular the understanding of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle and knowing that it is impossible to make observations of things that are small on the quantum scale without collapsing the probability wave function. How come when the double slit experiment is performed without making observational measurements then an interference pattern is resulted?

Can you please explain how god knows everything and yet does not collapse the wave function.
[+] 5 users Like Stevil's post
08-12-2014, 09:02 PM
What are the winning numbers for Saturdays Powerball? You can PM me the answer. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
08-12-2014, 09:06 PM
If your god made us in his image, then why aren't we invisible?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
08-12-2014, 09:11 PM
(08-12-2014 08:56 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Given Quantum Physics, in particular the understanding of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle and knowing that it is impossible to make observations of things that are small on the quantum scale without collapsing the probability wave function. How come when the double slit experiment is performed without making observational measurements then an interference pattern is resulted?

Can you please explain how god knows everything and yet does not collapse the wave function.

[Image: 33479500075965794596.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
08-12-2014, 09:13 PM
God did not instruct, nor command anyone to create a bible. Human beings created all the canons of the bible, deciding without gods input or approval which books were included and which ones weren't.

When humans alter the bible. They are altering their work, not gods.

Why do believe the bible is the word of god, when your god had nothing to do with its creation ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results