igtheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 04:27 AM
RE: igtheism
(19-05-2014 06:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 04:02 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am an ex atheist turned Christian because I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

This may not solve your problems or answer your questions.

So be it.

I know I have been changed and I know my Redeemer lives.

There must be a work of God in the heart of a man before he comes to the point where he realizes repentance is the only way forward. When this point is reached, a man cries out and God receives Him as the father received the prodigal son.

You have what you label as a "personal relationship" with something that exists nowhere except in your brain, and which your brain references in a series of chemical reactions when you present your brain with the "meme" Jesus Christ. Too bad you made such bad choices that it resulted in you thinking you needed "repentance". No one here cares what you think you have. You are delusional. This is an atheist forum. Go tell your story to someone who cares.

I have not written what I have written to you, but to those whom God has called me to write it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2014, 04:34 AM
(20-05-2014 04:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 06:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You have what you label as a "personal relationship" with something that exists nowhere except in your brain, and which your brain references in a series of chemical reactions when you present your brain with the "meme" Jesus Christ. Too bad you made such bad choices that it resulted in you thinking you needed "repentance". No one here cares what you think you have. You are delusional. This is an atheist forum. Go tell your story to someone who cares.

I have not written what I have written to you, but to those whom God has called me to write it.

Would that be me then? Drinking Beverage

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
20-05-2014, 04:59 AM
(20-05-2014 04:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I have not written what I have written to you, but to those whom God has called me to write it.

So, just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks ?

Again......... you're in the wrong forum. Facepalm

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
20-05-2014, 08:08 AM
(20-05-2014 04:34 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 04:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I have not written what I have written to you, but to those whom God has called me to write it.

Would that be me then? Drinking Beverage

I do not know. God knows.

Do you agree with Irving Copi?
20-05-2014, 08:09 AM
(20-05-2014 04:59 AM)War Horse Wrote:  

So, just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks ?

I am right where I need to be for the time being.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
20-05-2014, 08:21 AM
(20-05-2014 08:09 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 04:59 AM)War Horse Wrote:  So, just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks ?

Sounds almost as if you hadn't a choice on that. Dodgy

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
20-05-2014, 08:35 AM
(20-05-2014 04:59 AM)War Horse Wrote:  So, just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks ?

Unless you're in a mental institution and on meds......you're not in the right place.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
20-05-2014, 09:23 AM
(20-05-2014 08:21 AM)John Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 08:09 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am right where I need to be for the time being.

Sounds almost as if you hadn't a choice on that. Dodgy

I do.
20-05-2014, 05:23 PM
(20-05-2014 08:08 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 04:34 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Would that be me then? Drinking Beverage

I do not know. God knows.

Do you agree with Irving Copi?

To an extent in a given context yes. You're looking to force me to answer your leading question with a black or white answer. I have given a response on the definition of a statement. In life mate, there are many beautiful nuances and subtleties in our quest to understand. I don't think saying shades of grey does it justice as a suitable metaphor.

I do get the sense you have focused on me for your conversion project. Probably because I told you I'd like to live forever. I think you've possibly gotten more excited about that than is warranted. I'd like to live on cheeseburgers and have a six pack too. Fortunately I live in, and love reality.

Why do you feel the need to convert people Jeremy? ... I know, I know, love the sinner hate the sin etc: the usual response is that the religious love their fellow man etc: but I'm sure you can see, your posting habits don't portray that of a compassionate humanitarian full of concerns for our spiritual wellbeing! If you 'converted' me, who would it really be about mate? Ask yourself, who are you really trying to do it for?

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
20-05-2014, 07:41 PM
igtheism

Not really. Where you need to be is therapy for your severe attention whore syndrome.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post