igtheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: igtheism
(20-05-2014 05:23 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 08:08 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I do not know. God knows.

Do you agree with Irving Copi?

To an extent in a given context yes. You're looking to force me to answer your leading question with a black or white answer. I have given a response on the definition of a statement. In life mate, there are many beautiful nuances and subtleties in our quest to understand. I don't think saying shades of grey does it justice as a suitable metaphor.

I do get the sense you have focused on me for your conversion project. Probably because I told you I'd like to live forever. I think you've possibly gotten more excited about that than is warranted. I'd like to live on cheeseburgers and have a six pack too. Fortunately I live in, and love reality.

Why do you feel the need to convert people Jeremy? ... I know, I know, love the sinner hate the sin etc: the usual response is that the religious love their fellow man etc: but I'm sure you can see, your posting habits don't portray that of a compassionate humanitarian full of concerns for our spiritual wellbeing! If you 'converted' me, who would it really be about mate? Ask yourself, who are you really trying to do it for?

I do not think you are interested in truth, but rather, finding those things which make you feel comfortable in denying God.

I see you as a man who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness who makes it a habit of traveling about and getting second opinions from others that tell him he is not terminally ill. As long as you find a couple that will tell you what you want to hear, you're all smiles. But let someone affirm the original diagnosis and you rage. You rage because you want so badly for it not to be true because you are afraid. You are afraid of the implications of the diagnosis and you look to reaffirm your wishful thinking that you are not actually ill.

You do not even want to answer a simple question I asked you. You are so scared that it is going to cast doubt on your views which you only want reaffirmed.

I have noticed this adamant refusal to call a spade a spade on behalf of some of the atheists I have spoken with. You want life to be grey, not black and white. You do not like having your beliefs challenged. In fact, you come across as dogmatic.

I am not convinced you seek truth because your pattern of behavior is consistent with one who does everything they can to avoid it.

Now you know you should seek truth. But you are not yet willing to follow it where ever it leads. For if you did, you would have to give up atheism which is something too precious to you. More precious even than truth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 05:39 AM
(21-05-2014 04:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 05:23 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  To an extent in a given context yes. You're looking to force me to answer your leading question with a black or white answer. I have given a response on the definition of a statement. In life mate, there are many beautiful nuances and subtleties in our quest to understand. I don't think saying shades of grey does it justice as a suitable metaphor.

I do get the sense you have focused on me for your conversion project. Probably because I told you I'd like to live forever. I think you've possibly gotten more excited about that than is warranted. I'd like to live on cheeseburgers and have a six pack too. Fortunately I live in, and love reality.

Why do you feel the need to convert people Jeremy? ... I know, I know, love the sinner hate the sin etc: the usual response is that the religious love their fellow man etc: but I'm sure you can see, your posting habits don't portray that of a compassionate humanitarian full of concerns for our spiritual wellbeing! If you 'converted' me, who would it really be about mate? Ask yourself, who are you really trying to do it for?

I do not think you are interested in truth, but rather, finding those things which make you feel comfortable in denying God.

I see you as a man who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness who makes it a habit of traveling about and getting second opinions from others that tell him he is not terminally ill. As long as you find a couple that will tell you what you want to hear, you're all smiles. But let someone affirm the original diagnosis and you rage. You rage because you want so badly for it not to be true because you are afraid. You are afraid of the implications of the diagnosis and you look to reaffirm your wishful thinking that you are not actually ill.

You do not even want to answer a simple question I asked you. You are so scared that it is going to cast doubt on your views which you only want reaffirmed.

I have noticed this adamant refusal to call a spade a spade on behalf of some of the atheists I have spoken with. You want life to be grey, not black and white. You do not like having your beliefs challenged. In fact, you come across as dogmatic.

I am not convinced you seek truth because your pattern of behavior is consistent with one who does everything they can to avoid it.

Now you know you should seek truth. But you are not yet willing to follow it where ever it leads. For if you did, you would have to give up atheism which is something too precious to you. More precious even than truth.

Wtf was that all about???

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
21-05-2014, 05:46 AM
(21-05-2014 04:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You do not even want to answer a simple question I asked you. You are so scared that it is going to cast doubt on your views which you only want reaffirmed.

Everything you have said applies to YOU. YOU have demonstrated that YOU are the one NOT seeking *truth*. YOU are afraid of it, and you have amply done that in the "single objection" thread.

Troll

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-05-2014, 05:48 AM
(20-05-2014 05:23 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  To an extent in a given context yes. You're looking to force me to answer your leading question with a black or white answer. I have given a response on the definition of a statement. In life mate, there are many beautiful nuances and subtleties in our quest to understand. I don't think saying shades of grey does it justice as a suitable metaphor.

Life isn't black and white Jeremy. People who choose to simplify things like you do are actually fearful of the truth. You seem to think I'm angry, I'm simply not. I have no other particular way to say it, I'm not even flustered. ... You seem to demonstrate flagrant misunderstandings of simple things. I answered your question, maybe not in the black and white format you wanted but I answered and explained my answer. Through the course of our back and forth over the last few days, I am now certain you are not stupid but willfully use logical fallacies and belligerent argument techniques. Like now, you're still pushing 'you mad bro'. I can't even begin to explain to you from an educated Englishman's point of view how laughably purile this comes across. ... It would be like two professors arguing about quantum theory and one of them replying with 'your face is!', or some such ridiculousness.

I learnt many years ago Jeremy that people are wonderful complex things and opened my mind to many possibilities. I still have an open mind to God, I'm still waiting for a provable definition, call that, or don't call that igtheism, it's not important.

Copy pasting material I have read, Bible quotes and salesman techniques you probably learnt from an apologetics book or at some seminar have no place here. You have demonstrated only that you miss understand many logical concepts, you try to give the appearance of an academic perspective but fail on simple things like burden of proof. It's one of the most damaging things to the Christian movement to use 'I know you are but what am I?' tactics. We see it all the time.

Creationist - Evolution isn't science!
Creationist - The burden of proof is on you!
Creationist - what is the simplest rational explanation?

Can't you see how unbelievably juvenile and weak this position is? In truth mate. Anger is the furthest thing from my mind. I am actually deeply and sincerely sorry for you, you have my heartfelt concern and best wishes. You seem lost. You have the atmosphere of someone who is desperate with your eyes screwed tight shut and the mantra 'I need it to be real, I NEED it!' ... I think it's why you're on here, for self affirmation and reassurance.

Your inability to listen, or communicate subtle or high ideas without shell games and parlour tricks, as far as I am concerned has been your undoing on here coupled with your attempted rebuttals of the obvious, burden of truth, rapey Bible etc; you have portrayed yourself as a sad and deluded guy. I am glad for you that you have your religion, you come across like you need it.

Good luck with life!

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 4 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
21-05-2014, 08:40 AM
(21-05-2014 05:48 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 04:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I do not think you are interested in truth, but rather, finding those things which make you feel comfortable in denying God.

Life isn't black and white Jeremy. People who choose to simplify things like you do are actually fearful of the truth. You seem to think I'm angry, I'm simply not. I have no other particular way to say it, I'm not even flustered. ... You seem to demonstrate flagrant misunderstandings of simple things. I answered your question, maybe not in the black and white format you wanted but I answered and explained my answer. Through the course of our back and forth over the last few days, I am now certain you are not stupid but willfully use logical fallacies and belligerent argument techniques. Like now, you're still pushing 'you mad bro'. I can't even begin to explain to you from an educated Englishman's point of view how laughably purile this comes across. ... It would be like two professors arguing about quantum theory and one of them replying with 'your face is!', or some such ridiculousness.

I learnt many years ago Jeremy that people are wonderful complex things and opened my mind to many possibilities. I still have an open mind to God, I'm still waiting for a provable definition, call that, or don't call that igtheism, it's not important.

Copy pasting material I have read, Bible quotes and salesman techniques you probably learnt from an apologetics book or at some seminar have no place here. You have demonstrated only that you miss understand many logical concepts, you try to give the appearance of an academic perspective but fail on simple things like burden of proof. It's one of the most damaging things to the Christian movement to use 'I know you are but what am I?' tactics. We see it all the time.

Creationist - Evolution isn't science!
Creationist - The burden of proof is on you!
Creationist - what is the simplest rational explanation?

Can't you see how unbelievably juvenile and weak this position is? In truth mate. Anger is the furthest thing from my mind. I am actually deeply and sincerely sorry for you, you have my heartfelt concern and best wishes. You seem lost. You have the atmosphere of someone who is desperate with your eyes screwed tight shut and the mantra 'I need it to be real, I NEED it!' ... I think it's why you're on here, for self affirmation and reassurance.

Your inability to listen, or communicate subtle or high ideas without shell games and parlour tricks, as far as I am concerned has been your undoing on here coupled with your attempted rebuttals of the obvious, burden of truth, rapey Bible etc; you have portrayed yourself as a sad and deluded guy. I am glad for you that you have your religion, you come across like you need it.

Good luck with life!

Thanks! : )
21-05-2014, 09:00 AM
igtheism

I do not think you are interested in truth, but rather, finding those things which make you feel comfortable in believing in God.

(21-05-2014 04:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I see you as a man who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness who makes it a habit of traveling about and getting second opinions from others that tell him he is not terminally ill. As long as you find a couple that will tell you what you want to hear, you're all smiles. But let someone affirm the original diagnosis and you rage. You rage because you want so badly for it not to be true because you are afraid. You are afraid of the implications of the diagnosis and you look to reaffirm your wishful thinking that you are not actually ill.

I see you as a boy diagnosed with a terminal illness who makes it a habit of traveling about and getting second opinions from others that tell him he is not terminally ill. As long as you find a couple that will tell you what you want to hear, you're all smiles. But let someone affirm the original diagnosis and you rage. You rage because you want so badly for it not to be true because you are afraid. You are afraid of the implications of the diagnosis and you look to reaffirm your wishful thinking that you are not actually ill.

(21-05-2014 04:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You do not even want to answer a simple question I asked you. You are so scared that it is going to cast doubt on your views which you only want reaffirmed.

(21-05-2014 04:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I have noticed this adamant refusal to call a spade a spade on behalf of some of the atheists I have spoken with. You want life to be grey, not black and white. You do not like having your beliefs challenged. In fact, you come across as dogmatic.

I have noticed this adamant refusal to call a spade a spade on behalf of some of the theists I have spoken with. You want life to be black and white, not grey. You do not like having your beliefs challenged. In fact, you come across as dogmatic.

Now you know you should seek truth. But you are not yet willing to follow it where ever it leads. For if you did, you would have to give up Jesus which is something too precious to you. More precious even than truth.

Jeremy's favorite way of reaffirming beliefs:
[Image: a9a2uzyr.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
22-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaand here's Jermy's admission that he's trying to bullshit his way through this entire discussion (as well as every other one her participates in here) adn doesn't have a fucking clue what he's actually talking about.

Well done, WrongWay-J!

(17-05-2014 06:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I googled the word academy.

Evidently this was too hard or required too much typing for anyone here to do it.

This is what I got.

blahblahblah...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-05-2014, 12:32 PM
(17-05-2014 07:22 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  igtheism is a view that is based on a self-refuting premise.

Asserting bullshit ad nauseum doesn't make it stink any less.

Quote:So I really do not see the point.Drinking Beverage

Hard to see with your head up your ass.

[Image: headupass.jpg]

22-05-2014, 12:36 PM
(18-05-2014 08:19 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Blah blah blah..

If you are talking to a Christian they will say the same thing but and may add something like, God is omnibenevolent and simple.

...blah blah blah...

But we have already seen for ourselves that this claim of "omnibenevolence" -- or even just plain-ol' "benevolence" -- is utterly false, Mr. Rape Apologist.

22-05-2014, 12:46 PM
(18-05-2014 04:02 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am an ex atheist

You are a fucking liar.

Quote:turned Christian because I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Oh, here you fucking go again with your claims of this jeebus-person being real. So trot his ass out here, then.

Quote:This may not solve your problems or answer your questions.

So be it.

Because it's an utter falsehood.

Quote:I know I have been changed and I know my Redeemer lives.

What's a "reedeemur"? More made-up shit.

Quote:There must be a work of God in the heart of a man before he comes to the point where he realizes repentance is the only way forward.

Oh, look, more word-salad gibberish.

Quote: When this point is reached, a man cries out and God receives Him as the father received the prodigal son.

Oh, yes, didn't we see this Biola Bullshit somewhere just recently?

Oh, YES! -- from "Don't Sleep, There Are Snakes":

On our furlough, I thought again of the challenge of the missionary: to convince a happy, satisfied people that they are lost and need Jesus as their personal savior. My evangelism professor at Biola University, Dr. Curtis Mitchell, used to say, "You've gotta get 'em lost before you can get 'em saved." If people don't perceive a serious lack of some sort in their lives, they are less likely to embrace new beliefs, especially about God and salvation.

Yes, actually, it should have been titled "Don't Sleep, There Are Snake Oil Salesmen".

Unfortunately for you, your whole bullshit tactic of trying to convince us that we are somehow lacking doesn't work on us. You see, we aren't ignorant and credulous idiots like you and your ilk. So your bullshit snake-oil-salesman tactics don't work on us at all.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post