im back with a usual problem.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2016, 07:27 AM
im back with a usual problem.
So hello..
I feel like I'm peaking around from a wall or something..
But
I have gone back and forth on if I should even post this.. Started and deleted many times because I nearly feel like I talk about the same things every time I make a post.
But whatever here we go. Buckle up I'm sure it's going to be a few moments of my same ole stuff
So recently my.. Anxiety has been triggered.
I normally do pretty ok daily, some suggest visiting a doctor for it but.. I just can't afford it.
So the triggers: due to many years in church talking about the one world order and all of that, the first trigger comes from someone on Facebook posting about.. I don't even know how to explain it. it was a Rockefeller guy.. He creeps me out. I don't even remember why it triggered it other than the name being brought up a lot in relation to the one world order.
The other one is basically on the same lines. About midnightish I really wanted a Mountain Dew. So I went and grabbed one down the road. I went to pay using my bank card. The cashier says "I've noticed a lot of people with those cards.. They seem to be a bank that the government could use.. Seeing as how everyone is starting to get cards." This was also a topic used a lot in church. How using debt cards encourages the one world order. The preacher was real big on using cash and encouraged it. If I have cash it's going to go a lot quicker vs me not knowing how much money I have.
I know all of this probably seems like a bunch of nothing but it gets me down.
I have had to block multiple people on Facebook for their constant posting of conspiracy crap.
I guess it was just time for things to bother me, ever since my brother outed me to my dad.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: im back with a usual problem.
Always a difficult area to advise in, Jewrlarcher, far too easy to just spout subjective stuff relating to one's own experiences.

I suffered "linked anxiety attacks" before my heart attack (but I would not suggest that as a potential cure!). It may have partly been the stress from the trigger situations that brought on the heart attack, that plus I smoked in those days.

I did my best to look at it objectively and removed myself from some of what may have been trigger sources. Did not do my social life a lot if good but I spent less time in stress.

Now the "spontaneous" attacks are due to have 7 defibrillating shocks to my heart from my implant. Those I coped with by cursing and swearing, "acting out" the anger I feel, shadow boxing - expending as much energy as possible, getting over the "fight-or-flight" instinct.

But, I would suggest that you remove yourself from as many triggers as possible, particularly any "social media" that is giving you grief. Sticking to forums like this is liable to be more supportive (I would hope!)

If anyone here gives you grief then give 'em grief back!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
30-08-2016, 08:03 AM
At work.

Hug

Though an impish thought is to add a reply along the lines of;

"Go natural! They can't keep tabs on you if you're 'Skyclad'!"

Tongue
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
30-08-2016, 08:10 AM
(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So hello..
But
I have gone back and forth on if I should even post this.. Started and deleted many times because I nearly feel like I talk about the same things every time I make a post.
But whatever here we go. Buckle up I'm sure it's going to be a few moments of my same ole stuff
I normally do pretty ok daily, some suggest visiting a doctor for it but.. I just can't afford it.
So the triggers: due to many years in church talking about the one world order and all of that, the first trigger comes from someone on Facebook posting about.. I don't even know how to explain it. it was a Rockefeller guy.. He creeps me out. I don't even remember why it triggered it other than the name being brought up a lot in relation to the one world order.
The other one is basically on the same lines. About midnightish I really wanted a Mountain Dew. So I went and grabbed one down the road. I went to pay using my bank card. The cashier says "I've noticed a lot of people with those cards.. They seem to be a bank that the government could use.. Seeing as how everyone is starting to get cards." This was also a topic used a lot in church. How using debt cards encourages the one world order. The preacher was real big on using cash and encouraged it. If I have cash it's going to go a lot quicker vs me not knowing how much money I have.
I have had to block multiple people on Facebook for their constant posting of conspiracy crap.
I guess it was just time for things to bother me, ever since my brother outed me to my dad.

As a fellow anxiety sufferer, I get it. What I am not clear on is what you feel anxious about. Was the one world order a bad thing and why? How I would get through my anxiety attacks was to try to think the entire situation through. Why do you think so many people have bank cards?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
30-08-2016, 08:20 AM

Howdy.

(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So recently my.. Anxiety has been triggered.

Triggers suck. Recognizing the triggers is half the battle. Seeking treatment is a very good sign. Doctors/professionals are usually the best, but you the best you can, right?

(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So the triggers: due to many years in church talking about the one world order and all of that, the first trigger comes from someone on Facebook posting about.. I don't even know how to explain it. it was a Rockefeller guy.. He creeps me out. I don't even remember why it triggered it other than the name being brought up a lot in relation to the one world order.

It's always amusing to me when churches preach about the dangers of the New World Order. Essentially, they are preaching their own New World Order, they just don't like competition. It's okay if there is one world government under a benevolent dictator, as long as it's jeebus.

These are the people who scream about black helicopters, RFID implants and the Mark of the Beast. Yet it's okay for them to say that jeebus saves and loves you, but if you don't love him back, he'll torture you forever.

(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  This was also a topic used a lot in church. How using debt cards encourages the one world order.

Heh. They've been bitching about those since the ATM cards debuted back in the 80's. Mock them. Mock them mercilessly.

(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I know all of this probably seems like a bunch of nothing but it gets me down.

Conspiracy theories are myths based on grains of truth. They take a few odd facts and string them together in a way that makes sense. However the conspiracy theories only hold up if ALL of the weird facts and explanations are true and that none of the more plausible explanations are.

Conspiracy theories are the modern fairy tales or morality tales. They posit an evil or a failing and weave elaborate fantasies to support them. It's easier to explain your own failings when you have someone else to blame.

(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I guess it was just time for things to bother me, ever since my brother outed me to my dad.

Sounds like it's time for sibling revenge... Evil_monster

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
30-08-2016, 08:20 AM
(30-08-2016 08:10 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
But

As a fellow anxiety sufferer, I get it. What I am not clear on is what you feel anxious about. Was the one world order a bad thing and why? How I would get through my anxiety attacks was to try to think the entire situation through. Why do you think so many people have bank cards?

It was in church. It meant the rising of the antichrist..
Even though I try not to get worked up over a religion I don't believe in anymore.. I think it's just rooted so deep down.
We would talk about things that showed us coming to the return of Jesus and I would go along with it in church and then freak out in my car. While it's not nearly as bad as it was for me.. Sometimes things trigger it.
My anxiety stems off of anything related to the return of Jesus.. For a Christian that was something you should look forward to.. But it was my greatest fear. All of the horror stories that would happen to your family if left behind.. It's a terrifying thing. Even worse was things that happened to a Christian who didn't do their works. Having Jesus say "turn from me I never knew ye" and being cast into the shadows of heaven.. My preacher always went in deeply of the horrifying things that would happen either way.
30-08-2016, 08:23 AM
(30-08-2016 08:20 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

Howdy.

(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So recently my.. Anxiety has been triggered.

Triggers suck. Recognizing the triggers is half the battle. Seeking treatment is a very good sign. Doctors/professionals are usually the best, but you the best you can, right?

(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So the triggers: due to many years in church talking about the one world order and all of that, the first trigger comes from someone on Facebook posting about.. I don't even know how to explain it. it was a Rockefeller guy.. He creeps me out. I don't even remember why it triggered it other than the name being brought up a lot in relation to the one world order.

It's always amusing to me when churches preach about the dangers of the New World Order. Essentially, they are preaching their own New World Order, they just don't like competition. It's okay if there is one world government under a benevolent dictator, as long as it's jeebus.

These are the people who scream about black helicopters, RFID implants and the Mark of the Beast. Yet it's okay for them to say that jeebus saves and loves you, but if you don't love him back, he'll torture you forever.

(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  This was also a topic used a lot in church. How using debt cards encourages the one world order.

Heh. They've been bitching about those since the ATM cards debuted back in the 80's. Mock them. Mock them mercilessly.

(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I know all of this probably seems like a bunch of nothing but it gets me down.

Conspiracy theories are myths based on grains of truth. They take a few odd facts and string them together in a way that makes sense. However the conspiracy theories only hold up if ALL of the weird facts and explanations are true and that none of the more plausible explanations are.

Conspiracy theories are the modern fairy tales or morality tales. They posit an evil or a failing and weave elaborate fantasies to support them. It's easier to explain your own failings when you have someone else to blame.

(30-08-2016 07:27 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I guess it was just time for things to bother me, ever since my brother outed me to my dad.

Sounds like it's time for sibling revenge... Evil_monster

Yes! My preacher and some of the deacons would share things on Facebook about the chips! They say it's the mark of the beast and whatever.. Crap used to freak me out!
30-08-2016, 08:31 AM
(30-08-2016 08:23 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Yes! My preacher and some of the deacons would share things on Facebook about the chips! They say it's the mark of the beast and whatever.. Crap used to freak me out!

They're worried about microchips, yet they post their entire lives on Facebook and carry smartphones that allow movement tracking and data monitoring.

Like I said, they already worship an ultimate tyrant. The word "totalitarian" originated in religion.

It's all fear tactics. Pure and simple.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
30-08-2016, 08:49 AM
(30-08-2016 08:31 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 08:23 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Yes! My preacher and some of the deacons would share things on Facebook about the chips! They say it's the mark of the beast and whatever.. Crap used to freak me out!

They're worried about microchips, yet they post their entire lives on Facebook and carry smartphones that allow movement tracking and data monitoring.

Like I said, they already worship an ultimate tyrant. The word "totalitarian" originated in religion.

It's all fear tactics. Pure and simple.

It's weird to me how they talk about it so much. The church I went to was tiny. Like 10 people, most related to each other all saved. But the point was always.. Don't get the mark of the beast even though it will be your only chance of survival during the end of the world. But if you get it you can't be saved.. If you don't you can suffer your heart out and wait on the REAL second coming and be saved.
30-08-2016, 09:20 AM
I grew up in a church that was similarly paranoid, and spun most of the same crazy "Left Behind"-related conspiracy stories.

Marks on the hand and head! Can't do commerce without them! Yadda yadda. It got so paranoiac that my family removed the cable and antennas from the house, so our TV only could play what tapes my folks brought home from the public library or the one at our church, lest The World™ come into our home and open us up to demonic influence. Yep. That kinda crazy.

Please, Jewel, read Carl Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark. It helped me immeasurably, when I was breaking away from the chains placed upon me by the psychological abuse of fundamentalism.

I just "recruited" a guy to this website, a YouTuber called The Cajun Atheist, who recently stopped posting videos about his escape from religion because of the overwhelming anxiety he still suffers as a result of his indoctrination. He signed up last night, but only stayed a couple of minutes--presumably because it was already after midnight, locally. But I'm hoping he comes back, so he can see how common his experiences are.

The hard part of becoming an atheist is realizing that there's no magic, caring dude in the sky, looking out for us, that all we have to rely upon is one another. That's also the good news. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post