im back with a usual problem.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: im back with a usual problem.
Goddamn it. Reading this thread makes me want to punch a wall- or perhaps some(one)thing else, until my fists bleed. Until something bleeds, anyway. Goddamn it.
AngryAngryAngry

I can't relate to your anxiety issues, as I am not a sufferer, but I am able to relate to the way you have been abused. I very much want to break someone.

How in the hell can people act like that in the name of a god they supposedly fear and revere? Why can't religious idiots see the violence and hatred and bigotry and discrimination that their beliefs breed- and feed? Why the fuck and I rhyming so much when I'm angry??

Jewel, I honestly don't know what else to tell you, other than learn to mock and even perhaps pity them, so they lose their power over you. I wish I could tell you how to accomplish that, but it sounds like there are people here much more qualified to guide you.

But if you need anyone broken...Evil_monsterCensored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2016, 01:36 PM
(30-08-2016 01:25 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Goddamn it. Reading this thread makes me want to punch a wall- or perhaps some(one)thing else, until my fists bleed. Until something bleeds, anyway. Goddamn it.
AngryAngryAngry

I can't relate to your anxiety issues, as I am not a sufferer, but I am able to relate to the way you have been abused. I very much want to break someone.

How in the hell can people act like that in the name of a god they supposedly fear and revere? Why can't religious idiots see the violence and hatred and bigotry and discrimination that their beliefs breed- and feed? Why the fuck and I rhyming so much when I'm angry??

Jewel, I honestly don't know what else to tell you, other than learn to mock and even perhaps pity them, so they lose their power over you. I wish I could tell you how to accomplish that, but it sounds like there are people here much more qualified to guide you.

But if you need anyone broken...Evil_monsterCensored

sometimes i wish i could be that way, but i cant.
30-08-2016, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2016 02:26 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
(30-08-2016 08:20 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 08:10 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  As a fellow anxiety sufferer, I get it. What I am not clear on is what you feel anxious about. Was the one world order a bad thing and why? How I would get through my anxiety attacks was to try to think the entire situation through. Why do you think so many people have bank cards?

It was in church. It meant the rising of the antichrist..
Even though I try not to get worked up over a religion I don't believe in anymore.. I think it's just rooted so deep down.
We would talk about things that showed us coming to the return of Jesus and I would go along with it in church and then freak out in my car. While it's not nearly as bad as it was for me.. Sometimes things trigger it.
My anxiety stems off of anything related to the return of Jesus.. For a Christian that was something you should look forward to.. But it was my greatest fear. All of the horror stories that would happen to your family if left behind.. It's a terrifying thing. Even worse was things that happened to a Christian who didn't do their works. Having Jesus say "turn from me I never knew ye" and being cast into the shadows of heaven.. My preacher always went in deeply of the horrifying things that would happen either way.

That makes more sense. I hate religion so much for this reason. I understand that it is such a terrifying thing because it seems so real. So real that you can't imagine a world without such a possible fate because it has been so ingrained in your mind. I got through it (although it doesn't seem nearly as bad as you have it) by constantly reminding myself that these things were written down by people who were completely ignorant of the world they lived in. They thought fire was mysterious, they thought lightning was from a god, and they thought donkeys could talk.

To this day, there has never been a single demonstration that the supernatural is even possible so that means that any supernatural claim is without foundation by default. That means any claim of knowledge about an afterlife has less foundation in reality than any other work of fiction. Hang in there. One step at a time.

Edit: RS's suggestion is great. Demon Haunted World is excellent.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
30-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Quote:sometimes i wish i could be that way, but i cant.

(With respect and love...) yes, you can. You just have to learn and gain self confidence. You have to make yourself believe that you can do anything you need to do.You have to see them for what they are and understand that you are beyond them. They are nothing, powerless and pitiful, wallowing in the mythology and fear of the past, stuck like Winnie the Poo in the honey tree. It's their problem, not yours. They're pathetic and outdated, superstitious primitives afraid to face reality.

You're better than that. Smarter. They are at best worthy of your compassion, like a sick friend, at worst your laughter and derision. No more important than an annoying bug.
31-08-2016, 03:10 PM
i didnt want to start a new post for this since it triggered some anxiety for me
but i was scrolling through facebook last night and i saw a quote
"are we in the end times?"
like i nearly had a heart attack, it was a link to a handful of end times movies. and not just the left behind ones either, oh no.. there are SO many more.
i cant even remember the names but i know its got some of the same actors as Gods not Dead.. that group.
normally when i see this stuff i keep scrolling because im too scared to look at it. i mean the covers of the movies are terrifying.
after a few moments and i calmed down.. i couldnt remember what group posted the movies. i went through my facebook and deleted at least 20 groups i follow. ranging from the local christian radio station, a local gospel band, gods not dead page.. all kinds of them.
for some reason, it posting the question with the movies about are we in the end times it just sent me over the edge a bit. i got shaky and my chest tightened. its so stressful, religion can just ruin your life.
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
31-08-2016, 03:57 PM
(31-08-2016 03:10 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  i didnt want to start a new post for this since it triggered some anxiety for me
but i was scrolling through facebook last night and i saw a quote
"are we in the end times?"
like i nearly had a heart attack, it was a link to a handful of end times movies. and not just the left behind ones either, oh no.. there are SO many more.
i cant even remember the names but i know its got some of the same actors as Gods not Dead.. that group.
normally when i see this stuff i keep scrolling because im too scared to look at it. i mean the covers of the movies are terrifying.
after a few moments and i calmed down.. i couldnt remember what group posted the movies. i went through my facebook and deleted at least 20 groups i follow. ranging from the local christian radio station, a local gospel band, gods not dead page.. all kinds of them.
for some reason, it posting the question with the movies about are we in the end times it just sent me over the edge a bit. i got shaky and my chest tightened. its so stressful, religion can just ruin your life.

good for you for recognizing the groups that were not adding to your life in a positive way and removing them.

I encourage you to continue looking closely at the groups and people you have allowed to enter your circle and have influence on your emotions.

Religion is mostly fear based, and it's insidious. It creeps in to areas you had no idea it was influencing. Often times when people are deconverting they describe it like peeling an onion. You figure out one thing and remove it and find something else, then you think some more and recognize more and peel that away. Deconversion can take time.

look at toxic and passive aggressive relationships too, you might some insight on the tactics used.

There are a variety of relaxation techniques to talk yourself down from an anxiety attack. Breathing exercises seem to work best for me. We tend to hold our breath some, so making myself take a big inhale thru the nose and slowly out thru the mouth a couple times works wonders.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
31-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Quote: it just sent me over the edge a bit. i got shaky and my chest tightened. its so stressful, religion can just ruin your life.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. You're going to have to find a way to rise above this garbage and see it for what it is. I sure wish I knew how to make that happen for you.None of that crap is real, it's simply mythology designed to control people. It was created by man, so it can be destroyed by man. (or woman)

Anything I can think of to say sounds so trite...so I'll just go with
You CAN do it. Promise. You are not alone.
31-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Humor can be a good way to deal with this. Check out God Awful Movies' on the rapture movies and laugh your ass off. Just a thought

http://godawfulmovies.libsyn.com/2015/09

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
31-08-2016, 05:54 PM
(31-08-2016 05:43 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Humor can be a good way to deal with this. Check out God Awful Movies' on the rapture movies and laugh your ass off. Just a thought

humor is VERY good at breaking things down. When you have time, Che k out the "laugh at religion" thread. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...t-religion

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
31-08-2016, 06:29 PM
(31-08-2016 05:54 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 05:43 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Humor can be a good way to deal with this. Check out God Awful Movies' on the rapture movies and laugh your ass off. Just a thought

humor is VERY good at breaking things down. When you have time, Che k out the "laugh at religion" thread. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...t-religion

Yes, and start at the beginning! You'll get the occasional frisson of fear/guilt looking at them, but eventually the things posted there will desensitize you to a lot of triggers. Plus, you will laugh your ass off, and sometimes just shake your head about how sadly true some of it is. Enjoy!